makin it work

JPeg

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I like this analogy of how peeps focus on equipment:

"I've got a copy of Quark Express and Photoshop, and for some reason my graphic designs still don't look like professional jobs.

Should I get a better computer? I have a Mac G4.

I also have several paint brushes and oil paints but for some reason, my paintings don't look very professional either. Should I get a new canvass or should I just learn how to paint?"

how yall feel about that? i like it

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Hey,

You should tell that guy to get the new G5 with the new dual hyper-amoxilating processing units, it will make everything he does look pro...

That will serve him right, forking out $4000 on his stupidity.

Nick

nobodyfamous

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
you should know by now, its not what you have, its how you use it (to a certain extent anyway) im sure you have everything you need, you just haven't used it to its full capabilities yet, that is with anything.

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
if u new at it then take your time u wont be van gogh in a week, get some art books, im a van gogh fiend myself but theres a art encclopedia it has like every artist from every era in like 8 volumes, i stole em all from the library cuz they wouldnt let me burrow em...they were reference books...copy other artist until u have your own style...DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT WATCH ANY OF THEM ART SHOWS WITHT THE PEOPLE PAINTING!!!

and youll get better at photoshop with time, my favorite is 5.0 but im a PC head i tried Photoshop on the Mac and i couldnt do shit.
i make all my mixtape covers in photoshop.

heres an example

https://www.illmuzik.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2060&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

C

Copenhagen

I'd tell them to cut off their ear, go queer, take prozak and have passionate feelings for their mothers...just like any other big painter, that's the way to go big... ;)

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
"tou too near me not to hear me clearly, cut off my ear severely.....im van gogh" - Ras Kass

JPeg

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yo the point being made was not about photoshop in particular, the point was better paint brushes will not make you a better painter.

in the same way better/more expensive equipment will not make you a better producers

h2flow

ill o.g.
Let me put it this way...Get the dopest race car driver and put him in a yugo and see how well he drives in a car race...... Sure he got's skills, but his car is limiting him.......

members online