making intros and stuff and a mentor

glassJAw

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
How do you guys approach intros? I'm laying some tracks but they all start off the same which is the song pretty much. How do you approach making a intro? My tracks will have vocals from my friends so I don't know if I should wait on how they see vocals in a beat or if I should just try making a intro out of them.

Also, I'm wondering if there's someone on here that I could send songs to and just give me straight up feedback on what I'm doing wrong or what is missing from their point of view. I don't think my shit is ready for the listeners area yet.

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Glass,

Whats good fam, My opinion *strictly my opinion Is to make an intro that causes tension. Meaning start out with a melody of the beat to get the idea of the track starting then slowly bring in additional elements to bring it together.

The showcase is actually the best place to post your beats and get some feed back. Don’t just post your beat and expect something if you don’t contribute. The more you contribute the more in return you will receive. If you post a little bit of info on what you did with the track and how you feel about it, people will see that you need help and they will give you constructive criticism.

Stay up fam.

glassJAw

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Thanks for the tips.

Right now I'd like to post a beat but it hasn't been set up for today. I get a little impatient Iol.