Manual Tuning!?!?!?

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
I am using FL Studio 5 XXL and I am just looking for some input on manual tuning. I am looking for a way to make sure when I sample a sound that it is in fact in the key of C. Any input would be appreciated. You don't have to be an FL user to respond. Thanks in advance for any help. Peace!

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
Actually, i never really worried about that, if something sounds good to me then to me it is okay.. but this comment wont help you though..
there was some sort of tuning prog i believe posted a long while back but i cant rember where to find the thread. I bet somebody knows it and can post it up again..

dj360_iNfInItE1

ill o.g.
Thanks for your input though. I hope whomever knows about that program or any other technique would contribute asap. Thanks again.

dj360_iNfInItE1

ill o.g.
classic said:
just open a piano voice

Press the C key, while your doing that play the sample and pitch it up or down untill it sounds close to the C key(if its in a minor key signature it may not be able to tune to that)

the next best thing is just tune it to the closet key on the piano, thats what i usually do,

Class...

Thanks Class...it works. Appreciate it.

A B

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
i dont understand whats the aim with tuning it? Is it to put it into a key your familiar with or what??

A B

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
ah k i think i get you now, thats prolly why ive had trouble adding a bassline to one or 2 beats that ive made.

PHV

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Can you correct it by speeding up the sample? Otherwise, just shift the pitch of the synth. I think most synths will come in at A=440...

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
PHV said:
Can you correct it by speeding up the sample? Otherwise, just shift the pitch of the synth. I think most synths will come in at A=440...

well usually when u shift the pictch up or down it speeds up or slows down the sample. ALso its best to do it in intervals of 10 casue that represents a half step on the scale.

class...

members online