Mar 22nd - Mar 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenmnd

Hey Sober that beat is fresh. The guitar adds plenty along with a head banger. Houston TX? Same here homie.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Here's what I came up with Just Like A Star I was trying to leave the scratches out of this one but I couldn't resist.

@SMM - I can't really call this a "flip of Major Harris" but the beat is SICK. I really like the guitar and the drums, the changeups are great, and it's structure is on point. Great sound quality as well. I'm digging it. I can see a MC murdering this too.

@smokaz - I don't know whats up with me but I've really been on some smooth ish lately and this is smooth as fuk. Luv the effects on the vocals at the start and your chop selection really stands out to me...the melody that you created is FIRE. I gotta admit one changeup in the body would've made this crack but dope nonetheless. An MC could kill this as well.

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 170
@finnigan- Straight up sound track material. Or music to drive by, either or. Good work

@dacalion- somebody will be rapping to this one. Ill chops, and the cuts are Chris Paul -(on point).

@ think u should duck that snare a lil, other than that, this one flows and puts me in a zone. good job.

smokaz

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
HI all
I was moe inpired by this one, last week I went it too many way.
I have to work a little my snare and play more with the drums part.

@SMM - really interesting way to work. the chop make a real good beat. these are ultra presice chops I am not use to think to.

@Dac - always a lesson to hear your song , I prefer the beat part but you always show all what can be done with the differents chops.

@finnegan -really good beat, good use of all the chops. I likeit, it may do a great intro our outro.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
@finn - no doubt this is the calm after a highly dramatic scene or the first track as the credits start to role. Great work finn!

Thanks everyone else...I really liked all these, hopefully we'll see a few more before times up but good work everyone.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
I know it's kinda hard to take a sample like this and make it feel 'hard' without getting away from actually calling it a 'flip', but I really like the route that SMM took...soooo, if time allows, I'm gonna try to do another beat using samples from this sample but making it a bit 'harder'.

IMO, 2Good and GRAF are masters at doing this...anyone else that wants to give it a shot feel free...I'll leave this thread open for a few extra days to give more time...lets say until the 31st. I'll post a new sample on the 30th for those that are ready to move on.

@SMM = Crazy beat. I like the bassline.

@Smokaz = I like that kick. Bumpin. I think the snare needs more weight to make it smack a bit (too tinny sounding in my opinion.) I also like that high little synth noise that comes in about 40 seconds in. I think you should turn that up just a little.

@ Dac = The very beginning reminds me of Shook Ones pt. 2 by Mobb Deep. I really like all the different chops. Really fresh cymbals from like 40 seconds on... I need to work some crashes in to my beats more.

@ Finn = Nice and slow. I agree that the snare needs a little more juice or a different sound layered in or something. I think the vibe is cool and different.

Here is mine for this week. The sample this week was nice. Glad you put me on to it Dac.
http://soundcloud.com/user2483935/whats-the-use-in-the-truth

smokaz

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
djfeed great job . I prefer the second part of the beat ( 2min) and you create great start and ending.

I chop the synth sound in the original song.

thanks for the advice

drex

superpimp trillionaire
Battle Points: 11
great work so far, I like how so much variety came out of the same track and nothing stunk, its a great exercise and I think I'll be participating more often....
chopping now
DAC sorry I know this question had to be asked somewhere else but, what did you use to scratch the sample or did you just make it sound that way?

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
that was Fl Scratcher

@djfm - dope beat. luv it all the way through...sick effects, great sound, great chop selection. no complaints.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Thanks finn, after relistening to it myself, I wish I had used another hihat on it...something still kinda grimey but I'm happy with it overall. I also wanted to make it alot harder but I couldn't get away from the original melodies of this sample, I luv the sounds in it...lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.