March 25-31 (Sample Flip)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KDVS

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 85
yeah, DjFeedMe. Allways brings something Fresh. Baseline is nice. I liked you put in that wub thing. I can always tell its your production, so for me thats some real good style. Im moving now, but i will try get on some later ones.

Koey

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 24
djfeedme - Love the intro vocal clip. Bass is heavy. Not sure how I feel about the delayed clap.Cool stuff.
wrightboy - That kick is punchy as fuck! Digging the subtle vocal snippets that come in. Gives it that eerie vibe. Toms add in nicely. The strings towards the end sound a lil off to me, but other than that this is dope.

I went a completely different direction haha...

Lemme know what you guys think.

wrightboy

Formally Finnigan
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
@djfeedme - at first i thought that you should have let the speech ride out through the whole track. but then, when it came back in the way it did, i think that i made more of an impact. good job.

@kohie - i don't know what you were playing that "top line" with, but that shit sounds nice. the only part i wasn't feeling was the middle, where the track was dropping out. i liked the phaser/filter effect you had on the sample at the beginning too. tight work. i feel what you're saying about the strings at the end. i debated on leaving them out, and said "what the hell."

Koey

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 24
@kohie - i don't know what you were playing that "top line" with, but that shit sounds nice. the only part i wasn't feeling was the middle, where the track was dropping out. i liked the phaser/filter effect you had on the sample at the beginning too. tight work. i feel what you're saying about the strings at the end. i debated on leaving them out, and said "what the hell."

Haha aww you weren't feeling the gated effect in the middle? To each his own, but thanks for the feed man.

@Kohie - I def like a lot about this flip. I like the gate in the middle, though I think it could use just a touch of some long reverb or delay or something very quiet to glue it together a little but still keep the on/off gate feel. I like the synth type sound at the chorus. I like the filtered sample stabs. percs and cymbals are on point and the drum/perc fills are solid.

@wrightboy - Like the tom roll. I think the kick is too loud/saturated. The rest of the track (sample,shaker, synths are kind of drowned out in my opinion)

KDVS

ILLIEN
Kohie: i love the melody you came up with here. controlled fx, good. the kick has a nice presence. i like this, if im going to say anything, and this is just "nerd" picking. it sounds a bit to quantesiesed. But i guess thats just me wanting a more off and personal touch to it.. it had a high replay value for me, so really good work and im enjoying the middle gated part. The rappers should work here.. :) Hope its okay for you beatmakers here that im writing even if i havnt posted a beat. Just love music. Peace...

Wrightboy: since this is not mixed as you say, im only going for the sketch. and im enjoying it. got a nice feel to it and really like were its going. If this was my sketch i would absolutely finished it, really nice...

KDVS

ILLIEN
Kohie: im no expert, but for me it depends a bit were i start. If im sampling something old, as you know, they were often recording with no metronom. So chopping and recording a sample first, i always try to NOT have quantize on. This, for me, i feel my drums lays more into the sample, it gets more "air". Im not bether than i am, and we will always be bether.. You as a style comes thru. But, there is offcourse no rule to anything in music. If it sounds way off, i think just practice and you will love it. I follow you on soundcloud and see you make alot of beats, at one point i think you will try, your style will shine.. Quantizing is offcourse also cool and a style in it self(swing). If i want this style i can start with the drums(quantized), then fill anything else to this unquantized. You will then have tight drums and alot of feel/motion to the whole song... I could write forever on the subject, sorry. :) after a while maybe you start with drums unquantized aswell, because then its you, and not the machine.. I think it depends on what you want, but as wrightboy says, just no quantize on snares will help alot...

Status
Not open for further replies.