marketing beats

luxx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
in your experience what is the best way to get a beat sold.Through local connects, the internet, a manager, or just riding around with 10 house speakers hangin out your trunk bangin your own shit?lol:D

fame_keyz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
all of the above. You just got to get out to a place where your music is marketable. I dont think riding around with speakers will help cause to the average person your just playing music with no words. Me myself i plan to introduce a young artist that working with cause sometimes beats aint enuff and words do help. i know its gona cost me time and money so right now i getting a plan to gether and while its starting to get cold in ny im getting my money right so i can travel and meet people!

voorheezMP

M.ilitia P.roductions
ill o.g.
All of tha above. But I think a manager would help he also has to have outside connects too. A lawyer is good too, but somtimes they can cost a lot. You got to just get wit people that are really makin' moves in ya area. I know what it's hard makin' money in ya area also. It's a grind. That's what I'm doin' now, it's slow sometime but only tha who endureth till tha end will win..................

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
i think easiest way too find a new dope hungry artist and brainwash him into thinkin ur tracks are the bomb and make him exclusive only to your tracks...lol.... just create buzz..... and don't be afraid to be cocky asshole either as long as ur beats match ur mouth(gets you attention..which is all u want really..lol)

luxx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
thanks for the replys guys. Im takeing the artist approach. Ive got 4 [well 3 at the moment one is locked up] of THE best mcs in my area, and im not charging them nothin we just put together albums and split the profits. Thats cool but my local is just to small i need to get my money up and start travelin, get a bigger audience.

E

Equality 7-2521

holmzini....lol, ill have to try that brainwashing thing.

i reckon local connects are the best in the begining and the internet helps too

Craig Gantt

Microphone Violator
ill o.g.
:cuss: That sounds kind of like the last producer I was messin with down here, I dropped a verse for this dude and I swear I was fightin for space with the beat (which sucked by the way) and duke swore to god it was the tightest beat he ever heard.

D

Deez

I think the best way to succeed is creating the demand for your product.... why do people need your beat?? The reason why so little people make is cause so many people quit.. you will not be successful in a matter of months, it will take years. Begin investing your time learning music, the ins and outs, reading.. playing(if you don't already play), believe me you will understand why you do certain things and how to do them.... when your ish is dope and you know you've established your own sound... begin charging people. A real musician spends most of his life practicing, three, four hours a day starting at a young age. networking is also one of those things you must invest your time in. Do you know any industry people in your area.. what I mean by industry people is active artists, dj's, producer, promoters....
If you do become friends with them, stay in touch with everyone you meet that might possibly help you grow. Do you know any Mix tape Dj's they are usually key.. they put your ish on and know tons of people.
I'm in the process of putting together a mix tape... i'll be producing every track, (roughly 15 tracks) remix's. By me doing this, i'm being introduced to a lot of people I would not have ever never done anything with otherwise.
Anyways hard work pays off, no work doesn't!!!
Dz