***marketing Music In Europe?? (looking To Do Some Overseas Netowrking!!!)***

J-malice

PRODUCER ALMIGHTY!!
ill o.g.
I KNOW HOW TO PUSH RECORDS IN THE U.S. ARE THERE ANY MAJOR DIFFERENCES IN MARKETING MUSIC OVERSEAS??

I RECENTLY SIGNED A POP ARTIST BY THE NAME OF TE'ERA. RIGHT NOW IM JUST WORKIN ON GETTING BIG RECORDS FOR HER. SHE IS A CHOREOGRAPHER BY NATURE AND IM TRAINING HER VOCALLY NOW.

SHE IS A CROSS OVER ARTIST THAT WILL BE MARKETED IN EUROPE ASWELL AS THE U.S. IM BASED OUT OF NORTH CAROLINA BUT I AM LOOKING TO NETWORK WITH ANYONE OVERSEAS THAT HAS ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:

1. GOOD RELATIONSHIPS WITH RADIO STATIONS

2. RELATIONSHIPS WITH CLUB D.J.'S OR MIXTAPE D.J.'S,

3. RELATIONSHIPS WITH CLUB OWNERS/PROMOTERS.

4. RELATIONSHIPS WITH ANY BROADCASTING NETWORKS.

THIS IS A LINK TO THE SINGLE WE ARE TESTING OUT LOCALLY IN FAYETTEVILLE. WE ARE GETTING AN EXCELLENT RESPONSE FROM ALL THE RADIO STATIONS OUT HERE. SHE IS ALSO A FEATURED ARTIST ON FOXY99.COM WHICH IS THE BIGGEST STATION IN FAYETTEVILLE. AND BEST OF ALL... THIS IS THE FIRST SONG SHE EVER RECORDED.. SHES BRAND NEW TO MUSIC!!

HTTP://WWW.MYSPACE.COM/ERAOFDANCE

IF YOU THINK YOU CAN BE OF ANY ASSISTANCE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME!
I AM LOOKING TO REALLY PUSH HER AROUND MAY/JUNE BUT I WANT TO START BUILDING MY OVERSEAS NETWORK ASAP PRONTO!!!

PHRUNTLINE@GMAIL.COM
OR CALL 910.391.9546 (COMPANY NUMBER)

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
im tryin to do the same thing feedback wud be good

woohff

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I gave this a quick thought and I think the best solution is to get her signed by a big record company... Now if I understood right, this isn't a possibility yet tho.

To cover promoting all over the europe is impossible with just doing some networking over here @ illmuzik, especially because europe is not a one big country :D Each country has it's own little (or big) circles and ways of doing things (promotion and music and all that) and I think there isn't any Kayslay's or Drama or whatever DJ to be able to break an artist around the europe.

What I would suggest is to get some sort of an connect to get a promotional tour at UK and middle-europe.

Now my post ain't based on facts or anything... just gave this topic a quick thought.

Best of luck for you and your artist malice!

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
ghehe.. I alsways laugh bout this.. People from states accasionally talk bout Europe as a country, it's a continent. With like 50 countries, all of them with different cultures it's kinda hard to get a global approach..

For hiphop, R & B type things I would start off with the UK, Germany and maybe France.. Make it there u can get on big festivals and make a name for yourself.. Gonna take a few years to get big IMO.. but, good luck!

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
ghehe.. I alsways laugh bout this.. People from states accasionally talk bout Europe as a country, it's a continent. With like 50 countries, all of them with different cultures it's kinda hard to get a global approach..

For hiphop, R & B type things I would start off with the UK, Germany and maybe France.. Make it there u can get on big festivals and make a name for yourself.. Gonna take a few years to get big IMO.. but, good luck!

heheh well stop making things like the euro and it will stop confusing the dumkaufs here in the states!

J there are lots of guys here on Ill to netwok with in europe. Hit up Haze 47 he could help you navigate it maybe! Or Formant, or God.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Wow! Offended, *turns on hater mode*

You guys are just jealous cuz the euro is so fucking stable and the dollar more and more is turning into invaluable currency..

LOL, you know I was kidding , I was reffering to the fact that most americans are about stupid as a stone when it comes to geography and how other continents are..lol
And hell yeah about the dollar!
I wish I got paid in British Pounds! I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt exactly what a damn idiot bush was when CANADIAN money for the first time EVER was worth more than a dollar...
Yep we cant joke anymore, now we have to be the butt of all them...

Serious I was raggin on us and not yall.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
you have expectations or an approach by applying a typical american manner of conducting business in europe...okay, ive seen US entrepeneurs taking a plunge lol point is you need to do some marketing research yourself...youll quickly find out that mixtapes arent as meaningful here, entertainment industries dont make revenue on hiphop and urban outfits aint even as urban as you might wanna think/believe. so its a setback sticking to what you know...going overseas means adapting productions to those markets which takes some skill in regards to knowing the actual markets in europe and takes time because they are quite diverse as having a minor hit in one european country doesnt imply breaking through the next country.

J-malice

PRODUCER ALMIGHTY!!
ill o.g.
OKAY

1. Thanks for your word of discouragement

2. No one Really said anything of any real use with a few exceptions, but what I Know.. is how to Network and do big Business.

3. Im still Looking for anyone that has any of the following and I have all of the below and more

a. GOOD RELATIONSHIPS WITH RADIO STATIONS
b. RELATIONSHIPS WITH CLUB D.J.'S OR MIXTAPE D.J.'S,
c. RELATIONSHIPS WITH CLUB OWNERS/PROMOTERS.
d. RELATIONSHIPS WITH ANY BROADCASTING NETWORKS.

4. Everyone said how its not done. does anyone want to stick to the topic and discuss any of the differences of marketing music over seas and the US???

Getting her signed right now is a MAJOR possibility but that would defeat my current purpose. im simply looking to network with someone that is interested in making some money together assisting with business wherever they can in europe. (Germany, Spain, Poland, U.K., Ireland, Wherever The Fuck!!!)

Feel Free To Contact Me Im Into Doing Serious Music Business

Phruntline@gmail.com

BUT

Thanks for the supprot i did get

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
^^^ my point being, with all respect man, you dont get it, the money you think off aint here (not in the netherlands anyway), perhaps germany but that's still no certainty. Cats here are looking for signings with either US majors in Europe or the Asian/Japanese market or dance labels in Europe which is not your catagory and the majors like EMI etc dropped their artist a few years back so the whole industry is nationally based, not european. I can name off numerous examples of dutch artist that never made revenue untill touching soil on another continent and i speak of experience, looking at artist we record in the studio and ongoing projects of them abroad (speaking of serious business). For short, the european perspective is to gain credit outside europe in order to be succesfull in europe when talking about pop music and rnb'ish hiphop cq urban pop, the rest is dance oriented and is not biased on location/settlement in europe but just the label itself. That being said, its best to sign her first by approaching a label that suits your artist as youre bound to venture off losing money and time.

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
^^^ my point being, with all respect man, you dont get it, the money you think off aint here (not in the netherlands anyway), perhaps germany but that's still no certainty. Cats here are looking for signings with either US majors in Europe or the Asian/Japanese market or dance labels in Europe which is not your catagory and the majors like EMI etc dropped their artist a few years back so the whole industry is nationally based, not european. I can name off numerous examples of dutch artist that never made revenue untill touching soil on another continent and i speak of experience, looking at artist we record in the studio and ongoing projects of them abroad (speaking of serious business). For short, the european perspective is to gain credit outside europe in order to be succesfull in europe when talking about pop music and rnb'ish hiphop cq urban pop, the rest is dance oriented and is not biased on location/settlement in europe but just the label itself. That being said, its best to sign her first by approaching a label that suits your artist as youre bound to venture off losing money and time.

Amen. Mixtapes, Radio DJ's and all haven't got any influence on what's hot in the Netherlands. They don't push Urban or R&B records. Your best bet would be to do what formant said and make her big in the states and then let her come to Europe.

J-malice

PRODUCER ALMIGHTY!!
ill o.g.

Fa sho. I already have people begging to walk her into a labels and didnt even release the record yet. i've tested the record inmy market and its definitly a banger. so my intentions are to push the record hard over here in the u.s. and then take it over seas BUT i want to do this without the help of a major label JUST YET... feel me? i have plenty of contacts and i believe this can be done right If i expand my network a little bit.. (I already have a couple GOOD contacts in germany but i always look for more) My artist is a professional choreographer and the music im going to give her will have a cross european/pop/hip hop feel to it so im definitly molding her into a crossover artist which is why i am trying to get an early start on my overseas networking. if that makes any sense. so im tryin to follow your advice and blow her up outside europe BUT when its time to bring her there i already want to have my go to people

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
In that case you will be contacted by those of interest but i see your worry as you no longer hold management when signed over to the major (but they can buy you out for nice price).

J-malice

PRODUCER ALMIGHTY!!
ill o.g.
no doubt i think at this point the only thing iminterested in is ditribution... alot of times we put in hard work to have a major label come snatch up the talent that you put all your blood sweat and tears into. Now for some people thats cool because they really dont have the knowledge or the resources to makes the potential millions of dollars off their artists, but im not selling my artists off that easy. Same thing with Beats as producers... When we make a HIT ASS RECORD we instantly want to shop it to the majors WHICH IS COOL!!! BUT!!! on the flip side if you have a record that you know is a hit... You can keep the shit for yourself and blow the fuck up with it and eat that way... fuck that im not shoppin all my hits no more... they goin straight to my artists... if a major hears it and wants it then we can talk but until then im not waitin around for niggas to catch on... im movin to the money my damnself with my artists ya diig!!

members online