marky mark was legit

T

The Bastard

i came across sum old marky mark tapes,there was some underground beats on there with sum good mcin and concepts, i think this dood mighta been real

DJDRAGN9

The Don Gorgon
ill o.g.
sure and vanilla ice was a "tru OG" huh lol ...HOLLA AT YA BOY

T

The Bastard

Nah I Think There Was A Big Difference Between The Two, Marky Actually Spit Sum Real Shit ,for Real I Aint Playin, I Woulndt Vouch For A Vanilla Ice

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
I wouldn't know but hard to believe. I would Have to question your credibility.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
whoa.... inspectah.... you are serious abput this? our resident WUTANG fan......? c'mon on man.... your joking, right?

T

The Bastard

i dunno yo im jus sayin i found this tape of a marky mark song called wildside, the beats pretty grimey, and hes doin sum straight mcin to it ,the only part of the song that was wack is when he said ''what the heck'' , but uh, i dunno check that song out lemmie know what yall think, sounds like some straight old school shit

OOpS

ill o.g.
why will people never believe that a white rapper can not be legit?

(not trying to change the subject)

ill o.g.
I think you guys should try to find the tape Inspectahs talkin about and listen to it before you go and start bitchin at him.

C

Copenhagen

I think I remember that track called Wildside, over a sample from Lou Reed. I found it a bit corny.
However, I will give Inspecta right, at least when comparing to Vanilla Ice, that Marky Mark was more deep. He's stuff might have been corny, but I believe he was real about what he did, where Vanilla Ice was a fake.

DJFANTOM

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Man markie mark said "fuck u niggers" (figuretively not verbaly) started going by his real name and became a movie star.
The song was probably written by one of his urban " friends" . Oh and for the record a white mc can be dope there are a lot out there that are. but not even all black m.c's are gangtsas so y do white m.c's think being a m.c. Makes them 1(gangsta) ?( not to start a white /black m.c. Issue/debate).

T

The Bastard

DJFANTOM said:
Man markie mark said "fuck u niggers" (figuretively not verbaly) started going by his real name and became a movie star.
The song was probably written by one of his urban " friends" . Oh and for the record a white mc can be dope there are a lot out there that are. but not even all black m.c's are gangtsas so y do white m.c's think being a m.c. Makes them 1(gangsta) ?( not to start a white /black m.c. Issue/debate).

how do u figure he was tryin to be a gangsta,maybe he was a gangsta,we dont know how he grew up,but i dont think thats the case from what i can remember i think he use to rap about positive shit and party music

Attachments

• mwahlberg012.jpg
    mwahlberg012.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 119

DJFANTOM

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I wasn't sayin him in particular but a lot of rappers period especialy white rappers have that way of thinkin. Be cause main stream media tells them that's what hip hop is about. Not to mention 50 cent videos. Lol.

Yeah a lot of his songs was party and I believe positive tracks. But if I'm not mistaken he did go the " bad boy" " gangsta " route @ 1 time.
Again be cause that's what main stream medi a. And in his case probably da record label, told him would sell and is hip hop.

Markie mark was a good entertainer tho. Waaaaaaaaaaay far more authentic than vanilla ice. But there's a difference between being hiphop ( meaning it embodies u) and being in hip hop ( meanin u rap, dj, produce etc. ) no matter what color u are ( yes there are black rappers djs, procucers etc. Who are not " authentic" or " hip hop"

T

The Bastard

DJFANTOM said:
I wasn't sayin him in particular but a lot of rappers period especialy white rappers have that way of thinkin. Be cause main stream media tells them that's what hip hop is about. Not to mention 50 cent videos. Lol.

Yeah a lot of his songs was party and I believe positive tracks. But if I'm not mistaken he did go the " bad boy" " gangsta " route @ 1 time.
Again be cause that's what main stream medi a. And in his case probably da record label, told him would sell and is hip hop.

Markie mark was a good entertainer tho. Waaaaaaaaaaay far more authentic than vanilla ice. But there's a difference between being hiphop ( meaning it embodies u) and being in hip hop ( meanin u rap, dj, produce etc. ) no matter what color u are ( yes there are black rappers djs, procucers etc. Who are not " authentic" or " hip hop"

I ALWAYS THOUGHT MOST WHITE RAPPERS WERE INTO BACKPACKING NERD TYPE RAP

Phonetik

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I have heard that song WILD SIDE. he is actually rappin about socially concious issues. This was back in like 1990. I suggest you all give it a try without judgin it. Damn!!! I am nor sayin he is a great rapper, but he definetely could compete back then.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
I did listen to THAT song... but, man... did you listen to the rest of his issssh? I'm not hating white rappers, but every rappers that use gimmicks to make money...

And with a name like "Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch"... doesn't sound from tha hood to me.