Maschine 2.0 is out now!

Phreeze

Stupa Hero
ill o.g.
I'm pretty happy with the mixer view and arranger improvements. Better undo functionality as well.

wrightboy

Formally Finnigan
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
@Fade - are you still liking Maschine 2.0 with the MK1? i'm thinking about upgrading to 2.0, but i'm wondering if it's just going to make me want studio that much more. does 2.0 play well enough with the MK1 that it won't just make me go another route (because i'm not buying that damn machine studio....i hope. lol)?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@Fade - are you still liking Maschine 2.0 with the MK1? i'm thinking about upgrading to 2.0, but i'm wondering if it's just going to make me want studio that much more. does 2.0 play well enough with the MK1 that it won't just make me go another route (because i'm not buying that damn machine studio....i hope. lol)?
Na it's fine. At first when I saw Studio I wanted it but the novelty has worn off. I know that the features of 2.0 are made FOR Studio but they work well with the MK1. It all depends on what kind of workflow you have.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
After further use of version 2.0, I'm disappointed. :(

What I like

The fact that you get the latest 2.0 software, plus GB's of sounds, as well as Reaktor, Kontakt, and Massive - it's a great deal.

The main thing I like about 2.0 is the way it handles the library, it got a much needed overhaul and it works really well.

What I don't like

There's a few things that were either moved or removed and it sucks.

For example, when I'm chopping a sample, I'm used to going over 2 pages to the decay option, so I can get rid of any clicks and pops at the end. The decay option has now been moved. Now I have to go out of the edit menu and go into another area, then go over a few pages to find it. Not good.

The other thing is the polyphony option. This is probably the biggest thing that I use when I'm using multiple chops. The default is 16 but lots of times I just put it at 1 so the pads cut each other off when triggered. Guess what? NI got rid of it! So now if you want to do that you have to use "choke groups", which is similar but again, it's in another area, so it's a bit of a hassle to move around and find things.

With all of that being said, this is with me using 2.0 and the MK1 of Maschine. I think the MK2 is the same thing. I don't know about Maschine Studio, but I'm assuming that it's easier in the menu, but I'm not certain. The thing is - 2.0 was made for the Studio hardware, so even though it's great that NI was able to make 2.0 work with MK1 and MK2, it's not great.

Bottom line

If you're thinking of buying 2.0, just think about what your workflow is like and if some of these things will screw it up for you. It did for me, so for now I'm back to using 1.8.

members online