Maschine mkl

craines

Bought an old mkl no software. Downloaded driver so it does show its display. Wondering my next steps. NI says they don't have a way to sell the software. I'm confused can't I just download the latest version Maschine 2.3 ? Any help will be appreciated.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yeah, I don't think you can buy just the software, but I think the way it works when you buy Maschine from someone is they're supposed to transfer the ownership to you. Can you contact that person again? Because I think all they have to do is go into the NI website and transfer the license to you. At that point you should be able to just download all the stuff you need or buy version 2.

craines

Thanks. That's most likely going to be a problem because I got it from a Pawn shop. Won't the Maschine software work as a standalone or as a vst? So you really don't need the hardware?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
You can definitely use the software on its own but the hardware makes it so much better.

Your only other option is to find a copy of Maschine somewhere online. It's not legal but it sucks that you can't get the software legally anyway. For example, if you find a copy of 2.3, just install that and you're good to go.

craines

Yeah, you're right. Hey thanks for all the help. Hope to return the favor to some on the forum someday soon.