Masta Ace - Good Ol Love

ill o.g.
The sample used in this was used by Havoc on Hell On Earth, in "Still Shinin" in 98.

What do yall think about this? I know this shit happens a lot, but do u consider this against "The Rules"? Even though he flipped it different, he still used the same sample.

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Definitly not against any rules in my book.... 9th flipped that sample good enough for me to look past that.... Shit is good material, Ace did a good job on that track too..

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Ahhh yes Willie Hutch right? I think 9th Wonder did a great job of it. There's not too many ways you can flip that one really, but it's dope. Of course I prefer Havoc's version better too. ;)

It's okay to use samples that were used before on well known songs but as long as it's done well. If you flip it the same way as the last person that it just kind of defeats the purpose.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
I personally wouldnt use a sample if I knew it was used already, but if you insist on doing it you would have to flip that shit completely different. A perfect example is a sample from Leon Russell. Mobb Deep used the sample basically in its original form (can't remember the name of the track). Then Kanye used the same exact sample on Overnight Celebrity but flipped that shit like a muthafucka.