Masta Ace

monumental

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 6
hey i was wondering if anyone out there especially you ny cats were feeling Ace? with almost all music being put out these days is lyrically numbing and myslf i get a little tired of the copy cat hand clap production. But Ace has albums that make me think hip hop is still alive in ny atleast, with straight ny beats that i grew up loving. Check out the album " Long hot summer" Has anyone else heard?

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Ace is the truth. I still havent got around to copping his latest shit, but i will. You heard the track from his beef with Boogeyman?

dialogic

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
ace is nice, long hot summer is tight... big city is DOPE, def my favorite track off that album... but yeah, i think there's still some good shit on the radio, but it's few and far between and ace is still DEF the truth

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
Ace is da fucking man, a perfect example of an artist staying throught to the art. And his show in Rotterdam, I believe in 99, is among one of the best hiphopshows i have seen and i have seen hellova lot.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
yea Ace gets more play recently than most in the deck, i was surprised how good Long hot summer was. Sittin on Chrome was DOOOOPE. I came across a shitload of ace in a newsgroup a few years back. Since i deleted it because it..., it's just wrong

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
Last time I rocked something by master ace it was Born 2 Roll which was a long time ago. I didn't know he was still making records.

monumental

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yup that's so dope you guys are down with Ace. Making beats i think the production on the lasted Ace albums are holding it down with hard with true ny style beats. Dope dirty sampes and drums plus Ace's vocals are so fresh for todays lame state of hip hop , he's one of the only poets holding it down. Ace is real his shits deep and street.

monumental

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
hey any of your guys heard Disposable Arts it's the new disc just dropped in canada two weeks ago. Man it's better then long hot summer, ace's shit is fire.

"This is how hip hop's supposed to sound, Tear them other cats posters down!"
Ace

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
black boy, black boy, turn that shit down...

J-UK

Um........
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Disposable arts came out a few years ago and still sounds fresh now. A long hot summer is the prequel to disposable arts. Masta ace is def one of the best rappers ever in my opinion

members online