Mastering or Good Mixing In Reason

Sacred One

I Am One Of God Producers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
need help at it, like some tracks sound dry and then other tracks i do sound too wet, need help a lil, or should I master in and editing program, I try to take the whole thing and put it in Cool Edit, it clears it up a lil but not a lot, need help.

SpinDoctor

The Lovable Rogue
ill o.g.
i have the same trouble too, i use wavelab and some voxengo plugins, but i need to get the hang of using them.

Architect

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Sacred One said:
need help at it, like some tracks sound dry and then other tracks i do sound too wet, need help a lil, or should I master in and editing program, I try to take the whole thing and put it in Cool Edit, it clears it up a lil but not a lot, need help.

Clean up your mixes FIRST, don't worry about mastering just yet. You should be happy with your mixes before mastering your tracks, if your not I would go back and re-record or pull out that EQ and shape the track accordingly. A good mix only needs a touch of mastering in some cases and still sounds great without it. The perfect mix needs almost no mastering involved.

If you need specific tips tell us a little bit about how your creating and recording your tracks, for example are you using samples, keyboards, soft synths, live band, etc. What sample and bit rate do you record at? What is the quality of the sounds your using? Do you have good monitoring or are your using headphones to mix? Are you using plug-ins? If your using plugins which ones for the tracks your not satisfied with? There is a lot of factors involved in making your tracks sound really good.

LMNO

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Holy shit. Is that the Tutorial CD? Nice work. I actually have that CD somewhere. Should go through it again.

members online