Matching accapellas to beats

gram green

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
wut up yall.... yo heres what im tryin to do... its become a real pain in the ass for me to blend accapellas over my beats that arent on vinyl.... like i been downloading some accapellas or finding them other places then vinyl..... if i got it on record its easy enough... but do any of yall know of a good program (free preferably) that makes it easy to blend files, beatmatch and change pitch etc on mp3 or wav files.... i have soundforge but with that its real slow... hit or miss... nah mean.... hit me back if anyone is down to share an easier method for beatmatching/ blending accapllas on the computer... thanks in advance... peace

gram greezy

boneyboys

50 Million Year Trip
ill o.g.
Easiest way to get a bpm value is just to put together a little loop and fiddle the speed of that 'til it fits your acapella, then put that into whatever beat you want the acapella going over

Louie Lou

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
gram green said:
wut up yall.... yo heres what im tryin to do... its become a real pain in the ass for me to blend accapellas over my beats that arent on vinyl.... like i been downloading some accapellas or finding them other places then vinyl..... if i got it on record its easy enough... but do any of yall know of a good program (free preferably) that makes it easy to blend files, beatmatch and change pitch etc on mp3 or wav files.... i have soundforge but with that its real slow... hit or miss... nah mean.... hit me back if anyone is down to share an easier method for beatmatching/ blending accapllas on the computer... thanks in advance... peace

gram greezy

Get one of the DJ MP3 mixing softwares with the builtin BPM counter. This is give you a near accurate BPM reading because of the residual sound in the background.

gram green

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Louie Lou said:
Get one of the DJ MP3 mixing softwares with the builtin BPM counter. This is give you a near accurate BPM reading because of the residual sound in the background.

yo lou do you know the names of any free ware like that... ima jus search cnet for something like that.... good lookin out

Chisel

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Don't know if this will help you at all, but usually when I'm laying down vocals on my tracks, I break them up into separate sections and trigger each section at a time so I know I'll always be right on at the beginning of a phrase. For example, I'll split the vocals into verse 1, verse 2, chorus, verse 3 and trigger each sample when that part of the song is played.

2_nice

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
type in the title of the track and bpm next to it in google. there is a good chance you will find exact bpm readings then it is up to you to place it very easy shit e-mail me if you want a list of bpms for acapellas i have a lot of research that i have compiled for personal use

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
here is a list of BPM calculators... you can load a loop of the instrumental-in-question and it will give you the bpm to put the acapella at.
http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/win95/MUSIC_CALCULATORS/

sorry, veterans, i know it's lazy... but if it werent for technology, we'd be making beats with congos and flutes and shit... as a matter of fact... most radio tracks today ARE! damn..

2_nice

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
bpm calculators don't work well enough for matching acapellas. shit has to be totally spot on.. sod that

E

Equality 7-2521

i seem to be able to get it to work with simply a little trial and error with the pitch and tempo controls.

TKNK

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
No,no,no!
dude its simple,first;
1.get the orignal song with the beat, then
2. use traktor dj or a proffessional bpm counter to clock the bpm,then
3.use that bpm for your acapella

A good free bpm counter is WinBpm version 4 or higher or
use K.A.Z.A.A to find traktor dj or if u hav dsl or brodband i will send u what i use

Im a real dj dude like 8 years and counting so this is how u get it,
unless u can find a bpm list or its on the record or songs mp3 tag.

DJDRAGN9

The Don Gorgon
ill o.g.
u should try out acid 4.0 they have a free version to try out.but since u used to blending with vinyl this method should be easy.first load up a instrumental then place a accapella under it where u think the accapella should start on the downbeat of the instrumental.next go down to the track properties of the acapella and mess with the pitch there.just add or subtract just like a turntable so u shouldnt even need a bpm counter.Just use a dj's best weapons ur ear and ur hands (or mouse) ....HOLLA AT YA BOY

members online