Matching Beat With Vocals

Mikemaster G

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Matching Beat With Vocals(Part 2)

For all FL Studio Users, I'm have post a similar thread of this a couple of days back. I have got some responses but they weren't accurate as I thought they were. All I need is some pointers(for the demo version of FL Studio only) in how to match up a beat with an appacella?

A few questions y'all can also answer to help me out if y'all can:

1. When creating an audio clip for the appacella, do I have to chop the vocal up so that it will fit well onto the beat or leave it as a full song onto the playlist?

2. On Edison, how do I use the edit properties to my best ability when using old 70's short loop samples to the beat?(I have being playing with Edison, understanding its basic purpose in sampling, but haven't grasped enough knowledge in figuring out how to use its features)Confusing, right?

3. When setting up the tempo of the beat, does it have to be equal in par with the tempo with the appacellal or the other way around?

4. When arranging in the playlist, how can I set up the appacella to run in a 4-bar pattern without skipping a beat?

Bascially, these questions may help you to answer good responses for me to continue on doing what I do best.
Without the people and their feedback, I wouldn't be making beats at all; I probably be doing absolutely nothing. Hope I get some some really good feedback!!!

Peace!!!!!!!!!

The Mastermind

This Illuminati Be Illin'
ill o.g.
My experience is that some accapellas don't seeme to match the sequence of the original song. Especially if there is a long instrumental break. Sometimes the next verse / chorus cuts right in without any room for the break. Cutting it up gives you more creative opportunities anyway. Keep it as is, then you are stuck with that predefined pattern.

It's probably easier to match the song tempo to the accapella but I've done the other way around.

I don't know what you're asking with #4.

H&R

DJ Nice // Crack City
ill o.g.
Thru time strecthing (While keeping the pitch the same) you can match the tempo of the
pella to the tempo of the beat (Which is reccomended rather than tme stretching the beat).

DJ's do this on turnables on their own thru pitch/timestretching with out needing to chop
vocals up ... It's all on your ear and matching the timing ... If you time stretch right and match
the tempos up correctly the pella will stay on time thru out the whole beat.

The Mastermind

This Illuminati Be Illin'
ill o.g.
Just to be clear, when I chop a vocal I'll cut it into verse 1, verse 2, chorus etc. Not into each individal line, that'd do my head in.

TACTIK

The most unique producer on here
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 527
If you are able to determine the BPM of the acapella, compare it to the BPM of the beat your using. Just shift the vocals + or - 20 cents for every BPM higher or lower to the beat. For example: If the beat is 85 BPM but the lyrics are 91, you need to shift the lyrics -120 cents to match. Always use the shift knob until the lyrics are placed correctly.

2nd_Man

The 2nd Generation Of Man
ill o.g.
Another alternative method which I've found to be very useful if you want to keep the same tempo of the acapella would be:
Find the tempo of the acapella
Set this as your tempo, and create a simple drum pattern (or possibly recreate that of the song).
Then sync the original song to your drums
Then sync the acapella to the song
And remove the song, and you can build up from there

Its a little method which i find works great, not nearly as hard as it sounds

members online