May 8th - May 22nd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferret

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
oooo whatcha got here son i love these threads lol, def gunna make something with this so smooth

macndabox

UnGenre Productions #unGenre
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
Stumped...I got sumthing..but I'm not feeling this! lol...I gotta get rid of all the noise in the track...

Visceral

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Dac: Thanks for another quality sample, I've been busy as hell but got it imported into the sequencer, ready for the chop!

As for your beat, bloody amazing. Polished sound and very nice chops, drums and bassline on point, nice change-up. At first I thought it seemed a little busy in parts with the strings and those little hits going at once, but think I was nit-picking trying to find constructive criticism cos on second listen it seemed fine to my ears. You've set the bar mate, I'm shitting myself now :)

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Hahaha thanks Visceral, actually I think you're right! There is a lot going on...that little clap in the background is covering a chopping error which is good but that combined with the strings make the beat feel much busier than it needs to be. So I totally agree with your first assessment. Very good ear bro! The thing is...eventhough I pick and post the samples, I never start chopping them before I post them and if someone says they are having a hard time with it, I rush to come up with something really fast just to put an idea out there. Thats what happened on this beat. Sometimes I can pull it off but sometimes not. Nice catch!

macndabox

UnGenre Productions #unGenre
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
Dac...lol..."if someone says they are having a hard time with it, I rush to come up with something really fast just to put an idea out there."

I'm the only one that said something...99% of the time I'm already done the same day you post...but I let it sit to see if I like what I have or to see if it sounds similar to what I've done in the past..if it does..I change it up...Plz don't rush on my behalf...

As far as your flip goes..I dunno..I think you've done better in the past...and I'm used to your signature now...I also think this is a boring song to sample...still not feeling it...

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Yeah I agree with you 100%, this isn't anywhere near my best. I've got a ton of projects going on which make it really hard to focus on a "quick flip". But thats what this is, I didn't think it was horrible but I know it could be alot better if I really tear it apart and put time into.

Sometimes a song can seem to have the potential to make a dope flip but once you start chopping it up, it just doesn't work that well. But, at the same time, I strongly believe that every song has a gem in it, we just have to find it. Some are easier than others. But when I choose a sample to post for Sample Flippage, I basically grab something that seems ok just judging from 1 listen, and thats as far as it goes.

I'm always open for suggestions, if you or anyone else would like to send in suggestions on a specific song thats more than cool with me...lol, that would save me the headache of searching. So yeah, shoot something my way before the deadline and I'll post it up.

Ferret

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Dac that beat on point down to the mastering in the vocal samples. Only constructive criticism I can give is to use different drums like new crashes and snares only cause Ive heard them in a lot of your other beats. Not hatin or anything the beats tight. My sample flip is kinda weird I didn't know what to do with it I figured id post it anyway: http://www.mediafire.com/?kaj58hsrs6h45yi

Visceral

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Yeah man, not happy with what I got either but I'll put it up anyway...

EDIT: Actually, forget it. Thanks for the sample Dac, but I'm not gonna subject your ears to the horrible mess I made! Hopefully I'll have better luck with the next one.

Here's my feedback for the other beats:

Ferret: Like the intro, nice swinging drums. Actually not a bad beat! Only critisism is that maybe the high-pitched vocal chops are too much for a whole track - if they filtered down in parts would leave more space for a vocalist. But good job, much better than my effort!

Dac's 2nd flip: Feels like there's enough space in this one, not too cluttered - good use of the "ah-ho-ho". A master at work!

Macndabox: Wasn't sure about the crazy drums & claps at first, but gave it another listen and they really grew on me. Not really got any criticism, just to say well done for taking a difficult sample and chopping it into something pretty smooth. In fact, this beat showed me where I went wrong - sometimes you can try to chop, edit, filter & generally mangle a sample beyond recognition, but you don't always have to go overboard to make something that sounds good. Respect!

zubair

ill o.g.
not sure if this thread is dead or not, been a while since i posted, but my flip is coming up soon!..

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online