Mbox MPC and Mixer ? (Routing Sound)

*~Snaelro Wen~*

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Hi Im setting up my studio and i think im making alot of progress thanks to you guys. Much love. But once again i have ?'s 4 ya.

1. Are the "Inserts (TRS)" ports on the the first Mbox Inputs? If so, wher do I plug the end of those cables on the mixer

2. If im routing my sound from my mpc through a mixer to the mbox, where do i plug the ends of the cables commin from the stereo out of the mpc on the mixer? (EXACT name for the port please:)

3. Can i get sound for the mpc by hookin it up to the mbox digitally with their digital outs? What is SPDIF or whatever??? Whats it for?

Look at my diagram and let me know if ill be able to get sound from all my devices once i get the mixer in and connected (Computer, MPC & Keystation, recorded vinyl from Turntable)

That all I have for today

Attachments

• Diagram.JPG
    Diagram.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 2,078

Honesty

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
1) No, the inserts are for outboard gear (hardware compressors...EQ's..etc.). You plug the mixers main outs into the inputs of the Mbox (the bottom 2).

2) Stereo out --> one of the channels in your mixer

3) I've never used the digial out, but I'm sure you can...

Here's what I'd recommend... run everything into the mixer... and the mixer into the Mbox. I'm not sure what type of options you have on your mixer... but I have 2 sets of speakers hooked up... one set of monitors (TR8's) and one set of commercial speakers... I bounce back and forth..even using headphones every now and again...

I poses this because if you want to hook up multiple speakers, I'd recommend running the Mbox back into your mixer... now I have all types of outs on my mixer- I have Main Outs, Control Room Outs and a set for headphones...