McDonalds Hip hop Fashion?

Maknbeats

Back to Work
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 56
McDonald’s has already tapped into Hip-Hop music to help sell their food and promote their brand and now the fast food giant is in talks with Sean John, Rocawear and Fubu to give employee’s uniforms a makeover.

McDonald’s has hired music mogul Steve Stoute, who runs Translation Consulting and Brand Imaging to oversee the project.

The fast food giant’s aim is to make the employee uniform more desirable and to turn the clothing into walking advertisements for the McDonald’s brands.

“McDonald’s has evolved and become a lifestyle brand,” Stoute told AdAge.com. “Since it now is relevant to our lifestyle, let’s go one step further and make its employees relevant to our lifestyle as well.”

Other designers being considered for the uniform revamp include American Apparel, American Eagle Outfitters, Tommy Hilfiger and others.

In recent months, McDonald’s offered royalties to rappers who include the “Big Mac” sandwich in a hit record.

In that campaign, the artist who name checks the song in the song will be paid a royalty based on the amount of times the record is played on the radio.

Representatives said the initiatives are part of a broader marketing campaign to use Hip-Hop to sell their products.

The company also hired various rapper’s to perform at certain offline events and more recently, used the Kanye West produced single “Move Around” by Chicago rapper Bump J in a commercial.

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
haha, mcdonalds think they are going to take over the word, 3 words, MONO SODIUM GLUTIMATE

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Representatives said the initiatives are part of a broader marketing campaign to USE HIP-HOP to sell their products..... Pay attention.

Quick! Everybody run out and make a Big Mac/Fish Mac track and send it in to Ronald McDonald for instant stardom! Then don't forget to run out and cop your McRocawear or your McFubu gear boyyeee!! LOL! Get tha' hell outta here with that McWack ish!
ONE

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
that was prone to happen...

hiphop is the hip so, of course they'll join the bandwagon...

to me, the "I like that" song from Houston was where it became pretty obvious

e.porter

eyez all hazy...
ill o.g.
King Corruption said:
haha, mcdonalds think they are going to take over the word, 3 words, MONO SODIUM GLUTIMATE
actually i'm almost sure it's 2 words, monosodium glutamate. but i get what you're sayin' tho. lol

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
e.porter said:
actually i'm almost sure it's 2 words, monosodium glutamate. but i get what you're sayin' tho. lol

No, it's one word.... MSG

j/k

yeah, it's 2

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
I wish that all the effort of the jihad was put into mac D's downfall...

On topic, I wonder what the fug would make a difference...

Still flippin dem burgers...

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
fuck McDonalds, i hate the food and i hate the way i see their gay ass sign every fucking where.

they even have the nerve to try and advertise in every sport they can, because now they make 'salad' and sell 'mineral water'.

sAfE.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
wow that rele makes me wanna big mac.....wait !!!! NO IT DOESNT!!!

The-Shadow

Ego Sum Vox Manus Deus
ill o.g.
Maknbeats said:
“McDonald’s has evolved and become a lifestyle brand,”...

I always thought of McDonalds as a life-taking brand, not a lifestyle brand. I saw the movie Super Size Me and saw how one month's worth of MickeyD's fucked the filmmaker's body up.

When you see McDonalds jumping on the exploitation of Hip-Hop as a marketing tool, you know it's definitely too much.

Maknbeats

Back to Work
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 56
By the way i quoted that from Hip hop havoc i think... I mean the idea is a smart marketing strategy to get these normal white kids that don't know a thing about hip hop to get some McDonalds.. But im not really a fan of the place. Yeah i saw supersize me too, it's crazy how much bad shit is in the food..

T

The Bastard

macdonalds kicks ass. i rather eat there then paris's fanciest resturaunt