MC's

hobgoblin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I wish i could find a decent MC to spit on my beats, Its funny cos alot of people say they rap but not alot are actualy any good - like most unsigned MC's i hear, their timing is off key or they just sound too jiggy. Anyone else have this problem? Perhaps this has more to do with my location than anytrhing else?

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
hobgoblin said:
I wish i could find a decent MC to spit on my beats, Its funny cos alot of people say they rap but not alot are actualy any good - like most unsigned MC's i hear, their timing is off key or they just sound too jiggy. Anyone else have this problem? Perhaps this has more to do with my location than anytrhing else?

nah never had that problem

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
^^^ wtf who sounds like will smith besides old school mc's?

So basically your Mc's that u hate

have perfect Diction
they dont Swear
and are pretty much political

because thats how Smith sounds old school with mainstream/ neo Sould beats

Im just trying to understand what u mean by this

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
gimme a beat and i'll rap on it 2moro

E

Equality 7-2521

haha. theres just as many good unsigned mcs as there are signed mcs.

my advice is to hit up a local open mic or some shit. or hook up via your central uk hiphop message baord if you have one.

Lex

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
MarkN said:
na na na na na na na gettin' jiggy with it !

yea theres not the choice of MCs that you would have somewhere like the US i don't know of anyone who raps within like a 20miles radius of me !

I have no idea where in the UK you are, but I can certainly second that. Every potential person you think might possibly have some chance at being a half decent hiphop MC is strictly into garage and/or drum'n'bass

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
benny beatz said:
dude what is so hard to understand about what im saying? I made it pretty clear...

no u didnt make it clear i asked u if u ment commericial u said NO u said when they sound like will smith.. and he sounds old school.
N.U.G. said:
he means too commercial/pop sounding

thats what i asked Benny and he said NO

dont get mad at me because u work with a bunch of lackies

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Equality 7-2521 said:
or hook up via your central uk hiphop message baord if you have one.

ukhh.com
ukhhf.co.uk

hobgoblin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
WTF - how did this thread turn into a Will Smith diss? (who I think is a positive role model for all young people before you start lynching me!)

Really tho, There's alot of UK MC's who think they are living like US rappers like JayZ, Baby etc etc ''I'm rollin on 22's flying around in private Jets'' bullshit when they actually live with their mums on a council estate in Aston.

On reflection Perhaps 'Jiggy' was a bad choice of words - really i just meant ALOT of inferior UK emcees talk about living the lifestyle and try to copy neptunes club friendly tracks and it just sounds wack cos they are wak ass emcees. Not too many acts over here really make music that represents them and where they are from - and if there are any that do then they are damn hard to find - and even then the majority are still wack!

Also I think that hip Hop culture is very differant here. I've never been to the states, but in any major city i get the impression that Everyone is either a producer or an emcee, theres a hell of alot more competition and more people LIVE hip hop - that just isn't the case over here in the UK, I'm not saying there arnt talented peeps who live hip hop here -but they are an extreme minority - its hard to find a good emcee here and you know I'm right!!!

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
I guess if you live in a small town it wud be tuff to find a Ill MC Lucky for Me I Live ina Big City also I dont no I guess in Europe it will be a problem for many years to come until hiphop catches up in Popularity with Dance Music DnB Garage and all the other Stuff out there .