Memory Problems in FL

deanero

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Hey all,

I use FL 8 and I have a boat loa dof sounds and plug-in virtual instruments that I use. I am running into memory issues that cause my program to crackle, run slower and sound messed up even when I play things on my midi controller. My comp has over 2GB of RAM, but I think I have too much for FL to handle? Am I right in this assumption? I have played with the buffer, but that forces the playing of my midi controller to be delayed everytime I hit a note...

Should I get out of FL?

D

T

The Arkitekt

you need a better sound card/audio interface and it will work fine. I'm guessing your using the stock sound card on your computer?

T

The Arkitekt

btw, asio will still be choppy with a shit sound card

djjumpinjoe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
I use my laptop to makes some beats once and a gr8 while and never have a problem with sound card .... Im pretty sure this buster ass dell dont have a good sound card ..... But ya if u got a desk top u should put a nice card in that mo fo ......

T

The Arkitekt

oh idk dude, I got a dell inspiron laptop and audio craps out and clicks once in a while for me (asio), you probly have a slightly better stock card or just better specs on your laptop

djjumpinjoe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
I have used $15 sound blaster card in desktop PC and never had a problem but i guess it could be any little thing that throws it all off ..... never know with computers .... For laptop I use dell inspiron 1200 ..... But maybe its just the plugins being used .....

MagnaOpera

Comes Equipped...
ill o.g.
btw, asio will still be choppy with a shit sound card
dunno about that.. I have the shittiest of sound cards and I've never had choppy audio.

what in my experience does cause the audio to crackle in FL is shittily written or memory/cpu intensive VSTis.. have a look at the cpu and ram monitors when you're experiencing problems.. should clue you into what's going wrong.