mic pre amp question

changalang

i make beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 39
ok so i bought a condenser mic (Stageworks skec 09b) and found out it needs a mic pre amp with phantom power. Im about to buy the pre amp but i need to kno exactly how it works. Is there a line going into the pre amp for the mic? or does the mic charge in the pre amp over nite or suttin and then i can use it? help and im on a tight budget (i only have $300 with me) :headbang:

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Hey,

In a nutshell, it's and electric current sent from a power source up the xlr cable into the mic....once the mic gets this power, it 'turns on' and will send back any signal it picks up.

You can get them for as low as $40 if you look around. A lot of mixers will come with phantom power, my Mackie 1402 has it.

Take care,

Nick

TKNK

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
**TIP**
MAKE SURE IT DOESNT CREATE MORE NOISE. SOME PREAMPS HAVE VAC TUBE THAT GIVE VOCALZ MO WARMTH BUT CREATE NOISE IF U LISTEN GOOOOD! ALL PREAMPS CREATE SOME NOISE JUST SOME MORE NOTICE-ABLE.

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20

Attachments

• origin.jpg
    origin.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 248

2_nice

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
a preamp is as important as the mic if not more important. i would go presonus dbx or focusrite you might be able to pick up a joe meek for about that price

DO NOT GET A TUBE PREAMP a cheap tube pre will just muddy up and make your recording noisy. go solid state for this price. i have a dbx 1086 (not made anymore) it rrps for about 900 and is really good for the price. get a solid state presonus or focusritye pre