Mic question...

stormelements

Beats That Knock
ill o.g.
I was in the studio recording with my artist and all of the sudden in the middle of recording my artist voice in Pro Tools started going in and out while he was spitting it. I think the mic blew but im not 100% sure. Is there a way to the mic check to see if thats the problem?

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
Open up ur mic and look at ur diaphram and yes use another daw and is ur phantom power workin 100 percent on ur mixer?

stormelements

Beats That Knock
ill o.g.
was it just the vocals,,,i've seen that happen in pro tools before due to low memory or not the proper memory page file set? (nerd alert!)

Yeah it was just the vocals. Maybe it is the memory. I didn't know that pro tools did that. I'mma try to delete some stuff and try it again.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
Yeah it was just the vocals. Maybe it is the memory. I didn't know that pro tools did that. I'mma try to delete some stuff and try it again.

try this:

Control Panel/System/Advanced Tab/Settings (under "Performance")/Advanced Tab/Change under "Virtual Memory"/Click on "System managed size" and click set. Hit Ok and reboot. If you have enuff ram, you should be good.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83

Guuuurl.. I have the memory problem all the time.....
Thats the constant enemy...

What was I saying?

stormelements

Beats That Knock
ill o.g.
try this:

Control Panel/System/Advanced Tab/Settings (under "Performance")/Advanced Tab/Change under "Virtual Memory"/Click on "System managed size" and click set. Hit Ok and reboot. If you have enuff ram, you should be good.

I have a Mac. What similar steps would I take to do this on a Mac Powerbook 10.4?

members online