Mick Softley - "Time Machine"

hosie

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 5
Really diggin this and the direction I've went with it. So much so that I might put it on a release so here's a snippet of my flip with a SV acapella over the top....

Cheers!
Hosie

Nothing here yet.

Reactions: TWU

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown
Really diggin this and the direction I've went with it. So much so that I might put it on a release so here's a snippet of my flip with a SV acapella over the top....

Cheers!
Hosie

Nothing here yet.

Nice work! I like the uplifting vibe of this. The organic drums are dope and go well with it. The pattern is a bit standard, but it still works.
IMO it needs a bassline to give it more color. I would also like to hear more continuation of the sample, the gaps left open take away some of the flow of the beat.
Mix is good and the acapella goes well with the beat.

hosie

ILLIEN
Nice work! I like the uplifting vibe of this. The organic drums are dope and go well with it. The pattern is a bit standard, but it still works.
IMO it needs a bassline to give it more color. I would also like to hear more continuation of the sample, the gaps left open take away some of the flow of the beat.
Mix is good and the acapella goes well with the beat.

Thanks @TWU I agree with you on pretty much all of that. I'll maybe adjust the pattern, it certainly needs a chance up here and there. But if the pattern sounds a little too basic then I'll look at it. I left the gaps on purpose to be honest because I can quite often try to fit every iota of space available like some nutter trying to plug holes in a sponge. Just about all of my beats need the bassline assessed at the minute. I was struggling with my setup but have finally got it pretty much as I'd like it and my aim is to go back through alot of my beats and add or re-do the basslines.

Thanks for the in-depth and HELPFUL feedback!

Cheers!
Hosie

Nothing here yet.
I agree with @TWU that it needs a little more in the low end. Even if you just beefed up the kick, or layered a subby one under the one you have. The beat has that bounce though. I wouldnt change the pattern too much, just add some variation.

hosie

ILLIEN
I agree with @TWU that it needs a little more in the low end. Even if you just beefed up the kick, or layered a subby one under the one you have. The beat has that bounce though. I wouldnt change the pattern too much, just add some variation.

Thanks @2GooD Productions

Appreciate the listen and the feedback as always...

I agree with it too. The fact you feel the bounce means alot though - that's pretty much what I try achieve on most of my creations. Nice one for noticing and the recognition!