MIDI ASR 10 - MPC 500 and EMU 1820 M

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
Ok this is what i got right now.

ASR 10 - 1 MIDI IN / 1 MIDI OUT / 1 MIDI THRU

MPC 500 - 1 MIDI IN / 1 MIDI OUT

EMU 1820M (soundcard ) - 2 MIDI IN / 2 MIDI OUT.

Ok this is what i want to do. I want to make the sequences on the MPC, use the sampled sounds from the ASR and record it on the PC. Which is in that case, while recording would make Ableton Live Master.

Any help or suggestions?

Thanx in advance!

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
set mpc in between pc and asr, check manual for multi mode on tracks and make templates. You can then use the mpc on asr, save song in midi and load back into daw and edit if needed ( or produce from pc and control mpc and asr

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
did you ever figure this out, i know this thread is a little old?

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
just a little old, i think he sold the asr im not sure. Its quite easy to set this up, you dont need to have the mpc in midi thru mode but that does make the setup a bit more flexible. In that case one midi i/o is connected to the pc while the other midi io controls the asr. This implies that you can use the asr as a midi controller (in addition to the mpc pads, just set local off) and vice versa from the mpc, you can save the midi from the mpc as a file typ-1 and load that into you daw and edit away from there (of course, this means you the track layout in the mpc corresponds to the track layout in the arranger of the daw).

Just noticed that its the 500...that just means daisy chaining instead so the only thing he would need is the metronome from the mpc to be heard.