midi controller for the first time

light

Producer
ill o.g.
I just got a midi controler keyboard, and I use pro-tools. Ive never used midi before, just straight audio. i know the basic concepts somewhat but i need a little advice on getting my gear to act right. thanks ahead for any helps?

light

Producer
ill o.g.
Thats not really what i meant. Does anyone has help they could give with the configuration of the specific software and hardware that i have? I wanna play my samples!!!!

i need someone who uses pro tools.

and i have a delta audiophile 24/96. So anyone has one of those, your help would be apreciated too.

I run on a PC

and the MIDI controller is a Roland ED PC-70.

2_nice

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
g'day light. pro tools isn't best suited for work with midi and it's vst plugin implementation is poor. you are best off using sonar or nuendo with your controller. pro tools full version included is not suited for midi sequencing or vsti's etc.

light

Producer
ill o.g.
i just need the most basic functions. is pro-tools not capable at all? theres tons of midi options it seems.

light

Producer
ill o.g.
ok i got it hooked up and running and recording and shit. now i think all i need is to assign sounds to what im recording.

F

flippedout310

go to ur audio preferences then go to midi and select ur keyboard there

light

Producer
ill o.g.
What I want to do is control samples with my midi keyboard. i need to assign midi notes or somthin. sorry for my ignorance.