Midi Controller Problem

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I just got a new computer. I have connected my M-Audio 49e keystation via USB cord.

For some reason my computer does not acknowledge it at all.

I've gone over the manual and can't find anything. The thing worked perfectly on my other computer, I don't see what the problem could be.

Thanks.

50 cal

King of the West
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
ManDAmyth said:
I just got a new computer. I have connected my M-Audio 49e keystation via USB cord.

For some reason my computer does not acknowledge it at all.

I've gone over the manual and can't find anything. The thing worked perfectly on my other computer, I don't see what the problem could be.

Thanks.

yo i just bought the 49e last week. mine worked perfectly, but did you have the pc off and the 49 off, if not then do that, and then turn the pc on. then when the pc loads up hit the on swith on the 49keyz and the blue light should come on and you should here a litte bell sound to let you know it's recongnized. your using xp right?

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Go to M-Audios site and download the driver for that model...Instal the driver and you should be straight......Or; if the keyboard came the driver on a disc, simply instal from there.....For all keyboards like that, you still gotta have a driver for the device....thats how the computer knows its there.....

Then, in whatever prgm yer using, make sure in your prefs that you have the controller selected for midi operation.....

Thats about it.

STEEZ

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I got the drivers on the disk. I install them and it tells me to unplugg the Radium.

I did so.

It installs the drivers, then tells me to plug in the Radium. I plug it in via USB and turn it on. It isn't acknowledged at all.

This is so damn frustrating.

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I'm mad frustrated. I have the drivers on disk. It takes me through the installation process. I get as far as when it says plug in the Radium... I plug it in and it is not being acknowledged at all.

I don't know where to go from here. I'm about to punch a whole through the wall.

andreas

Iller Than Most
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Hi Man...

Could it be some stupid thing like the usb cable getting broken in the swith between puters.
Sometimes shit like that happens to me and I go trough hell trying to find the prob and it's some simple thing like that. Cuz it sounds like it should be just plug and play, aspecially if you've downloaded the drivers.
COntace M-audio support.

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
The only problem I can think of is that I have 2.0 USB ports on my new computer.

The Radium is 1.0, but at ZZsounds it says all their USB products will work with 2.0

Bosta

Hi Joka
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
mandamyth, i still suggest getting the driver off the site, cus thats going to be the most current one - and when u plug in anything USB it should pick up - but try getting that driver off the site n try that

good luck - i hate getting new shit and cant use it

Louie Lou

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
ManDAmyth said:
The only problem I can think of is that I have 2.0 USB ports on my new computer.

The Radium is 1.0, but at ZZsounds it says all their USB products will work with 2.0

All prior USB devices should be compatible with USB 2.0. I would go to to the computer manufacturer site and see if your computer has any outstanding USB issues. One way to test this is to plug in another USB 1.0 device and see if it connects properly.

I've heard of issues with usbs which involved devices that were 1.0 that didn't work on 2.0. Usually if the device is 1.1 it will work with 2.0 without a hitch.

1. What type of computer do you have? (meaning make...dell, ibm, custom, etc)

2. When was the last time you updated your motherboard drivers?

3. Is this a new computer or an older one?

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Thanks for trying to help me out.

I have a brand new computer Systemac is the manufacturer. The USB ports work fine. I hooked up my printer via the same port and all was good. I also connected my cable modem fine.

My computer acknowledges that something is plugged in, but it seems unable to identify what it is.

I've e-mailed M-Audio twice after their initial response and have not recieved a reply to either...it's been a week and a half.