Midi followed up(newbies)

soundboy2

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
On last week I , posted a question as to, why my mixer had a MIDI in port,

The answers I got pointed me in the right direction, and I figured it out
Now this may be elementry to most ,but somebody may pick something up.

The key word here is automation, what I did previously was just sit in front my mixer and mix as I recorded, like sometime you want your shaker to be louder and softer at certain points in the beat, I would sit there raise and lower my channel volume, I would have to do this on each take. Now with Midi you can hit record on your sequencer or mixer and mix as you record, those changes are recorded as midi data. Its a lot doper than I'm explaining to you but this is the shit. I'm not a good teacher, I just do. Like if you recording on the sequencer and you make a adjustment to say an effect, that adjustment is recorded, so you only have do this once. The slave will respond to master control not only with sound and patterns but mixer and effects setting on the go.

Anyway, if you aint up on Midi, you need to be. I wasted to much time avoiding it. I happy as a fool
Holla

2_nice

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I'M Suprised you bought that mixer without realising it's midi capabilites lol. i would have thought it's midi function qwould have been a major selling point (by the way does it have midi out and in (you sure your not talking about a midi out post on your mixer) i don't know what you're mixer is but a lot of yamaha mixers have midi out and in allowing for you mixer to respond to changes from your computer (new song faders fly to that songs position) and changing banks they fly) this SAVES ALOT OF TIME