MIDI From Motif to MPC200XL

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Hey quick question, I searched the forums but came up with jack shit, I just hooked up a motif to the mpc with MIDI cables and I;m lookin for the sounds to come out from the MPC at the main screen so I can record right through without having to fuck with the sample screen, I hear I have to change the word clock or something, Although i dont have my manual and dont know how to do this, anyone got ne tips, im sure someones got this down

robb_lowe

Akai Till I Die...
ill o.g.
make sure that your settings on the motif are correct also. go to utility. then go to midi. set sequence from internal to midi. i don't have my motif in front of me so i'm drawing a blank. i'm out of town. but i believe if you set that you should be good. once you get that, your tracks will act as midi channels. then you go on the mpc on the main screen and set your tracks as 1a, 2a, to match whatever channel you use on the motif. but like "kurtisrich" said, you'll need a mixer to hear both the mpc and the motif...

misscc803

Miss C.C.
ill o.g.
Read my guide.

Nicole

Connecting a Keyboard to the MPC:

Keyboard Settings:
MIDI OUT to MPC MIDI IN
Local Control OFF
Make sure its in Multi-Mode
Route Audio Outs(headphone out if stereo out isnt available) to your Mixer

MPC Settings:
MIDI OUT to Keyboard MIDI IN
Turn DRUM to MIDI 1A or 1B(most likely 1A)
Route Audio OUTS(stereo outs or headphone out) to your mixer

Cables Required:MIDI(2) and Audio Cables(depends on how many outs the gear has)

Example:
Say you have a bass on the keyboard and it is on Channel 2(track 2 for some keyboards with onboard sequencers)

Then the MPC should be set to MIDI:2A

So basically whatever the sound in the keyboard is the number should be the same on the MPC.

Channel 1 or Track 1=MIDI 1A
Channel 2 or Track 2=MIDI 2A

ect....

Real simple and easy.

members online