Midi in works fine, Midi Out Not working!

juzblazwun

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
What's up everybody, I 'm having a problem with my Midi out. I am using Cool Edit Pro 2.0, I can hear sound from my keyboard or sample from my MPC 2000 and see the waveforms, but during playback nothing comes out. The meters at the bottom of the multi-track screen.
I uninstalled and reinstalled the soundcard with updated drivers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My setup is:

PC: HP Pavillion 533mhz
Soundcard: Audiophile 24/96
Keyboard: Alesis QS6
Others: MPC 2000 (standard)

Direct X 9.0 is installed.

1d3nt1tY

Loop't N Blown
ill o.g.
have you made sure the alesis is set for midi out? my yamaha sometimes seems to lose it's settings regarding midi if you plug n unplug alot like I do (kids always tryin to get my keys lol)

I usually have to modify the controllers settings too.

Has it worked before?

juzblazwun

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
1d3nt1tY said:
have you made sure the alesis is set for midi out? my yamaha sometimes seems to lose it's settings regarding midi if you plug n unplug alot like I do (kids always tryin to get my keys lol)

I usually have to modify the controllers settings too.

Has it worked before?

Yes it has worked before, to a certain extent. There was always something not working. There was a time when I used Cubase VST and it would record audio but not midi or midi and not audio.
The same thing is happening to the MPC 2000 and it is an audio source, not midi. I don't think that the keyboard is the issue, I beleive that it is either the card itself or the configuration of the card, any way to test the adapter or is there any configuration that could be a guideline for me.

Any help please!

juzblazwun

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I checked my soundcard mixer settings, tried a few combo's and the next thing you know......I can hear the music during playback now. I did some more research lastnight and tried some of the suggestions. All I can say is I tried the some of the samethings yesterday and nothing happened. Good thing is it's working.

Thankx...