midi question

soundboy2

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
How do I set up the MPC2kxl to record Midi notes, I been thru the
manual and can get it right.

Meaning if I get a drum track going on the MPC, can I play notes/keys on the triton and the MPC records the notes I'm playing on that track.

All I use midi for now is to control the sounds on the drum tracks on the triton, and just sequence on the triton.

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
You should try going to the bottom of the main screen on the mpc where it says drum program A...turn the knob and midi chanels pop up.....exactly change drum probram to midi, then push the cursor right once > turn knob and midi will chanel 1a will show it goes up to 16 a and after 16a it starts 1b....I have the triton rack if you have the key board then you might have to run midi lines from the in and outof the triton to the mpc2000xl.
I also forgot to add what ever you have on track 1 in the triton is chanel 1a on the mpc 2 is 2a and so on...I hope this could help..I'm more hands on I can show better than I can tell you

soundboy2

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Thanks hood, that what I do now, I run a midi out of the MPC to the in on the triton, and use the pads to control the drum tracks on the triton.

What i wanna do, if I can is midi into the MPC, get my drums going in the MPC and then play notes on the keys of the triton into the MPC, on a track. I hope I'm explaining that right.

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Hey,

With a MIDI cable:

Triton MIDI out ---> MPC MIDI In

Take care,

Nick

members online