Mississippi license plate showing KKK member?

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304

7thangel

7th Angel of Armageddon
ill o.g.
a little more disclosure. He was a confederate soldier/traiter, that was responsible for one of the worst war crimes and massacres during the civil war. Prior to that, he was the co-founder of the Negromart, which made him a fortune by selling men, women, and children. After the war, he became a prominent member of the kkk during it's initial creation of terror an murder and expanded it.

more:

One wonders what the next vanity plate will be…
As John noted earlier, the neo-Confederates in Mississippi have decided to celebrate the legacy of a Slave Trader, War Criminal, American Traitor and Domestic Terrorist with a special commemorative license plate.

There are vile, violent and evil men populating the history of our Nation, but you have to look long and hard to find folks as immoral, dishonorable and deceitful as Nathan Bedford Forrest. He is a patron saint of white supremacy, racism and treason.

So naturally, he should be celebrated as a wingnutopia role model.

He was an entrepreneur and in the years leading up to the Civil War he made a fortune buying and selling people. He was the co-fonder of the “NegroMart” a wholesale mega store for slaves and when the war started he was filthy rich.

5434997722_1f71d196e9.jpg

During the war he organized a gang of excessively violent and vengeful riders who were very skilled at the hit and run tactics of guerrilla fighting. He has been greatly mythologized over the years by the Church of The Lost Cause, but he was little more than a war criminal. Perhaps his most famous crime was the Massacre at Fort Pillow in 1864 where he ordered his troops to murder hundreds of surrendering troops. As Forrest himself put it in his first report of the killing field:

“The river was dyed with the blood of the slaughtered for two hundred yards. The approximate loss was upward of five hundred killed, but few of the officers escaping. My loss was about twenty killed. It is hoped that these facts will demonstrate to the Northern people that negro soldiers cannot cope with Southerners.”​

One of the men under Forrest’s command wrote to his wife:

“the poor, deluded negroes would run up to our men, fall upon their knees, and with uplifted hand scream for mercy, but were ordered to their feet and then shot down.”​

And historian Richard Fuchs, in his detailed study of the massacre described it as:

“...simply an orgy of death, a mass lynching to satisfy the basest of conduct – intentional murder – for the vilest of reasons – racism and personal enmity.”​

5434386913_f5cc5a06d4.jpg

Taking action for the vilest of reasons is the phrase that best describes Forrest and the wingnuts dedicated to celebrating his legacy of shame.

When the war ended Forrest returned home but could not re-open his NegroMart, so he worked with other white supremacist to find new ways to steal the labor of the recently freed slaves. Over the years they used many tools but it all stated with terrorism and the theft of labor was maintained for a century with violence. When a fellow traitor told Forest about plans to form the Ku Klux Klan, Forest told him:

“That’s a good thing; that’s a damn good thing. We can use that to keep the niggers in their place.”​

Soon Forrest was the first Grand Wizard of the KKK and bragging that he had 500,000 men under his command. The result over the next century was a body count in the thousands and uncountable ruined and damaged lives.

[...]

I’d Rather Be Shootin’ Yankees: Heritage or Hate?

During the first 50 years after the Civil War, a good many monuments and statues were erected in honor of Nathan Bedford Forrest. Since then, his name has also been given to various schools, a Sons of Confederate Veterans chapter, a state park, a city and a county — not to mention Forrest Gump

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
wow at everything. Even the forrest gump part.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Man Im amazed such a degrading awful culture still exists in America, that shit is disgusting to me. It's like these wacko's just pass on a legacy of complete idiocy to the next generation and it continues to morph and grow under our noses all the while people keep thinking this shit is long gone. Creepy.

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Damn...I guess none of you guys are im the south...Its really not surprising at all...rural
areas that are cimpletely devoid of diversity are where this shit thrives...They really do not know any better, I dont fault em cause if you cant be around different types of people then you wont know that there is nothing to be affraid of...I have no problem with racists, especially the good ole boys cause you know where they stand...its the progressive go green lefty types who "all of their friends are (insert minority here)" that piss me off because they have the same racist tendencies but since its not motovated by hate then its ok...

Oh im just locking my doors after driving for 20 minutes not because I turned on MLK right now and im scared my car is gonna get jacked by mexicans...no no no, im just locking the doors cause its Common Sense...lol I hate that dumb shit.

Or, i dont really like rap but I LOVE eminem...

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
For real, and if we are gonna continue to celebrate columbus day then I think we can leave the confederates alone.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I think they should allow the plates.

Why? So you can easily spot these fucks and ram their cars off the road and into a pit of fiery death.

7thangel

7th Angel of Armageddon
ill o.g.
i'm sorry, i don't get the "they don't know any better". sure they do, they just don't care. "can't blame them for being ignorant". there's ignorance and willful ignorance, neither of them are an excuse.

you would think after the white citizen council controversy a couple of months ago, haley would understand that his current stance would hurt his presidential hopes, but i see he still cow tows to the neo-confederates.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
i'm sorry, i don't get the "they don't know any better". sure they do, they just don't care. "can't blame them for being ignorant". there's ignorance and willful ignorance, neither of them are an excuse.

you would think after the white citizen council controversy a couple of months ago, haley would understand that his current stance would hurt his presidential hopes, but i see he still cow tows to the neo-confederates.

Im gonna cosign with Angel on this, and yes I live in the south, I also understand that the "liberal" racists can be harder to spot for those that dont know what to look for , but racists stick out pretty quickly whether it be the overt ones or the unconcious ones and I dont like them, they tend to not listen to reason and should be backhanded into either understanding or oblivion.
I dont think people have to be that way their whole lives but lack of exposure to others is certainly a rootish cause.

HAHA Dac is gonna show up in a second and protest this thread!

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
LMAO @ Relic!

Yeah, so I'm looking at these guys debating over this issue on TV, one guy is saying that it would be demoralizing to to blacks...the other guy is saying that it's all speculation and there is no sufficient proof of these allegations. My whole thing is... why even consider this if this is an issue? I mean if it's a question of being right or wrong, why go any further? There shouldn't be a debate. This is proof of what kind of world we live in.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
I really dont see anything wrong with it, its just a license plate. Just like I can care less about someone flying an confederate flag. I have an issue about people scared to talk about slavery, thats american history not just black history. Their both part of American history good or bad you cant sweep it under the rug.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Gotta agree with Oz, though....

Unfortunately....that is the case......As foul and fucked up as it may seem....

Give it to them.......Let those bastards rock those license plates....see their cars get vandalized....see those people get attacked....see those people lose their lives......Because all of the above will happen......and if these people don't value the lives of themselves or young ones....they will show their solidarity and sport one of those license plates.

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
hits Oz in the back of the head with a fireball...LMAO!

LOL Good thing I dont have a jerri curl...

My thing is that people have a right to express themesleves, if people want to embrace a certain part of history so be it, as long as their not committing a crime or personally attacking people. I saw a vid on youtube a while ago and rico wade(organized noize) had a confederate flag hanging in their studio. Rico wade is from the south and he see the confederate flag representing the south, everyone has their own perspective.

the flag is on the ceiling.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
**Hits Sucio in back of the head with a bigger fireball!**

Nah, I see your point only because of it's reality. I mean everyone should have the freedom of expression but the problem with the license plate (to me) is not so much what it represents but whats next? Blacks answering by putting a "black power fist" on their license plates? Then whites responding by replacing the statue of liberty with a statue of D.C. Stephenson? The bigger picture is that humans, in general are NEVER content so I just think it's better to express your freedom of choice in a more personal way than doing it through the State. That tag will represent the entire State of Mississippi, not just that individuals preference and thats not right, in fact, that would be a false representation and if it is accepted, it will lead to much worse things.

As for Rico, that could be ignorance on his behalf or maybe he has that flag hanging to remind him of "slavery and oppression" as a tool for motivation... only he knows why it's hanging there. In either case, it's in a personal place, not publicly displayed for anyone to see.

Edit 2 - It's not a personal "physical" attack but that IS a personal "mental" attack on every black person that sees it, whether they are conscious or not.

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Dac you make a great point in your first paragraph...but at the same time states like mississippi pride themesleve on not being politically "correct" so...

You lost me on the rico wade being ignorant though...the guy has produced some of the most concious joints in hip hop history...so if I could speculate I would say that the brother OVERSTANDS the "meaning" that some folks attach to that flag and isnt bothered by it. If thats the case i wish more people would take his stance on the "issue". You can't erase a people's history just because you think its ugly...

members online