Mississippi license plate showing KKK member?

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
Edit 2 - It's not a personal "physical" attack but that IS a personal "mental" attack on every black person that sees it, whether they are conscious or not.

Dac I can see your point the snow ball effect of where does it end everyone trying to one up one another. At some point or time we have to stop being so sensitive and pick our battles that are worth persuing. I always see people making a uproar over the smallest thing, and when the time comes where we should say something we sit on our hands and not say a word.

I have to agree with Oz.
The thing is, the dream that we are fed about america and the one thing that makes it truly great, is not the "Land of Opportunity" bullshit, but the rights given the its inhabitants by the constitution and the bill of rights.
The thing is, when we are halfway across the world fighting for "democracy" in other countries, its not exactly democracy they need, its actually the FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION. Its to put human rights into dictatorships, thats what we actually fight for(soldiers fight for) under the banner of democracy.
Freedom of expression is one of the most valuable things our ancestors fought and died for to allow us the benefits. We have come to take them for granted and they are slowly being wittled away, by playing on peoples fears and angers to erode the rights gained in the blood of our ancestors. We have come along way regarding human rights and rights of the individual, it would be a shame to see hatred and political correctness being used to take away the greatest gift to mankind, freedom of expression.
Ultimately, without it, none of us would be freely expressing ourselves by making music.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
yeah Lou but don't overlook that I left the Rico Wade door open by saying that "he may use the flag for motivation" and also by saying "we don't know why he has it hanging". The flag doesn't bother me, and what people choose to believe in doesn't bother me, it's when they put it my daughters face, or my grandmothers face (who probably witnessed some of the things that the flag stands for) is what bothers me.

On that same note, (personally) I don't think that any black man should be "ok" with what that flag stands for (not being able to change it is irrelevant and doesn't justify it (imo)), nor do I feel like any Jewish man should be "ok" with the Holocaust or ANY man be "ok" with any form of racism against them. Remember I said this is my "personal opinion" so before anybody tries to change my opinion on that, don't waste your time...lol. Any form of racism is stupid to me.

@2Good - no one is saying take the freedom of expression away. I'm only suggesting that it remain a more personal thing. What YOU believe in is none of my business so why present it to me unless, you have other intentions?

@Oz - "when the time comes where we should say something we sit on our hands and not say a word". No, I don't stand up everytime I could because it's not possible, but anytime that I can, I do. Even though I agree with what you're saying, I still can't justify it by saying it's OK to be a racist or (let me rephrase that)... I don't think it's OK for anyone to accept racism. =)

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
The flag doesn't bother me, and what people choose to believe in doesn't bother me, it's when they put it my daughters face, or my grandmothers face (who probably witnessed some of the things that the flag stands for) is what bothers me.

Then thats invadeing your space which isnt right. They can have as many demostrations as they want as long as its legal. But dont go trying to demostrate thru a minority neighborhood and act surprised your being shot at LOL... Its a thin line thats why a lot of people are scared to dicusse race issues.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Yeah, thats all I'm saying...My dad told me, "if you're gonna be a monkey, be a gorilla" and I believe in that philosophy. There's no problem being whatever you are but if I'm a gorilla and "flossing it" or "bragging about it", the chimp thats lives next door to me would probably get offended by me and there goes the whole neighborhood! Why? because I could have been a humble gorilla but instead, I wanted everyone in the hood not only know that I was a gorilla but I could take their bananas if I wanted to. hahahaha!

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
I really dont see anything wrong with it, its just a license plate. Just like I can care less about someone flying an confederate flag. I have an issue about people scared to talk about slavery, thats american history not just black history. Their both part of American history good or bad you cant sweep it under the rug.

I actually DO have an issue with the confederate flag..
I was liking what outcast did by taking the power away from the symbol by sort of making it hiphop , but it didnt take.
My argument with the heritage not hatred fuckers (because they are too stupid to see the heritage IS hatred) is that we dont fly the french british or spanish flag everywhere here.. WHY? CUZ WE WON THE FUCKIN WAR.. When you lose the flag come s down...
THIS is the only concept they get .. Trust me.. Use it on one of them ..
I once literally climbed a fence and stole someones confedrate flag off the post.lol
AAngel.. Do you live in the south?? Cuz that shit bothers me, I literally can drive bout half a mile and see one flying all over the place in fact they have 3 versions flying off their front porch..
I no likey to say the least.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I look at it like this, I'm all for doing it, if they want to...

I'm just saying the repercussions of having it on your car could be pretty tragic....

I can see people getting assaulted/killed getting out of vehicles with those plates...whether they were the assailant or one defending themselves.

I can see a lot of cars being vandalized or destroyed....license plates stolen...

All this is doing is creating an avenue for violence and crime.........but...fuck it.... do it....

I look at it like this, I'm all for doing it, if they want to...

I'm just saying the repercussions of having it on your car could be pretty tragic....

I can see people getting assaulted/killed getting out of vehicles with those plates...whether they were the assailant or one defending themselves.

I can see a lot of cars being vandalized or destroyed....license plates stolen...

All this is doing is creating an avenue for violence and crime.........but...fuck it.... do it....

I agree with sucio 100%.

You cant go rubbing shit in peoples faces and not expect a backlash.
Im all for free speech and freedom of expression, but Im also against stupidity.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
What makes this a big deal is that it's at the State level. The is no law against them displaying a confederate flag now. So it's a FAIL/FAIL situation, if you are against stupidity then ALL involved are stupid! The State would be stupid for making the plate, the guy who uses the license plate, and the guy that damaged his car. The ONLY answer is to keep it as it is...a personal choice thats not supported or denied by the State.

What makes this a big deal is that it's at the State level. The is no law against them displaying a confederate flag now. So it's a FAIL/FAIL situation, if you are against stupidity then ALL involved are stupid! The State would be stupid for making the plate, the guy who uses the license plate, and the guy that damaged his car. The ONLY answer is to keep it as it is...a personal choice thats not supported or denied by the State.

Of course, but then when has the state ever been smart?
I agree with your last statement, its not something that should be supported by the state AT ALL. The whole thing seems divisive and to cause trouble to me.

Krazyfingaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
I say let them have the license plates. Looking at it like this its their constitutional right. Is it going to benefit me and my situation or bother me??? Nope, knowing what they stand for anyway.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Ok, I've had a change of heart, let's go for it and while we're at it...lets make a plate with Ted Bundys face and he can represent serial killers (that would be dope!), lets have one with Hitlers face so he can rep the Holocaust, ohhh and what about Omar al-Bashir who killed 180,000 innocent civilian people and drove over 2 million out of there homes, gotta have him on a tag. The Josef Stalin license plate would be the most prized of them all, he was responsible for an estimated 2.5 to 10 million deaths in the Ukraine by way of famine and genocide. The way I see it, these guys should be honored for their accomplishments and I think it's ok because I will know who supports them...smmfh!

:fail:

Ok, I've had a change of heart, let's go for it and while we're at it...lets make a plate with Ted Bundys face and he can represent serial killers (that would be dope!), lets have one with Hitlers face so he can rep the Holocaust, ohhh and what about Omar al-Bashir who killed 180,000 innocent civilian people and drove over 2 million out of there homes, gotta have him on a tag. The Josef Stalin license plate would be the most prized of them all, he was responsible for an estimated 2.5 to 10 million deaths in the Ukraine by way of famine and genocide. The way I see it, these guys should be honored for their accomplishments and I think it's ok because I will know who supports them...smmfh!

Cant forget Chairman Mao. He out did Stalin and Lenin and Pol Pot combined.

Oh hang on a minute, people all over the world already have pics of Mao, Lenin and Stalin up on their walls.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Karl Marx for me, please.

I want the originator on my license plate.

But if it is available it is their constitutional right to do so...But those people better not think that because they represent a person who represents hate, they don't have that reciprocated onto them by people who hate those who represent hate......

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83

I think this is a great idea you have come up with!

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
I want a picture of Christopher Columbus. This way I'd have the person responsible for the worst mass killings in the world...

AHXBEATS

AHXIMUS PRIME
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
goy!!!

Sounds like someones butt is hurt.. The fact is you can't change the outcome of the plate. I think our society has a lot more to worry about than a license plates. goy!!

members online