Mixer suggestions(yes another thread about it)

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
Sup yll Its time to upgrade to a great qualtity recoding mixer. My mackie DFx-12 is dope, but its time to upgrade.(need a lower noise level)
I want something that can expand with my setup(lots of inputs, partuclally stero) and is suitable enough for home recording. It MUST have a very low noise level. This is a long term purchase so i dont mind spending a little cheese...(not too much though)

Here is one im looking at....

--soundcarft E12
http://www.samedaymusic.com/product--SPIRW5652

I like this becasue it has alot of stero inputs, which is what i need for the future when i add more racks and other gear. It also has plenty of I/O for my guitar and turntable. But i dont know if its good enough for recording use.(qualitiy wise). Ive read good things but .Not familure with the company.... Any experince????

SO far this is the only mixer i have found that meets my specs... but im open to suggestions...

class....

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I do not know much about mixers, but it does look real nice. I've only used a 2-channel at the most but i'm using all my input possibilities (line1-4) but if i needed just one more input then i'd be buggin me to upgrade! The hardware game is addictive.

Mastertunes

ill o.g.
EX3 said:
Ever think about a Digi 002 ?
Doesn't that cost like... 2 - 2.5 grand?
Anyways, have you checked Alesis mixers yet? Haven't heard any opinions about them but they're fair priced and from the looks of it have some decent features.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
yeah they have USB stereo I/O nice but not enough, I'd would rather see digital tape outs per strip or like the Mackie Onyx with Firewire upgrade, 18chnls out (again only 2 stereo out, no tape out/strip). The new 8bus Mackie Onyx 2480's and up do have tape outs (or direct outs) via db25 connectors, but no firewire support....

Mastertunes

ill o.g.
You could also buy a harddisk multitrack recorder. Since the release of the Yamaha AW1600 and Yamaha AW2400, the price of the AW16G has been dropped a little bit.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
why when you can record on the pc ? No differences in theory and you can pick the converters you like. It does have good function though but not in setups like this, think of bands that are less quantized in productions (human feel rhytmns, acoustics etc), in these sorta setups you'd find a good console with tape outs to a HD recorder for a reason or 2.

Mastertunes

ill o.g.
True but I'm just trying to bring some other ideas to the table, I mean, you ask me why you should record on a hardware piece when you can record on the computer. Well obviously, there is a enough market space for new hardware recorder models to come out every year, so there has to be some advantage to it.

Scholar

willing vic to the music
ill o.g.
Well Classic man ill say this I never used one of those by that company,but I have heard really really nice things about thier stuff.Shit the best advice I can give is...Get it and check the sumbitch out,you dont like it send that sumbitch packin' but i have heard nice reviews from people about soundcraft's mixers.

ONE!