Modern Music's Death By Auto-Tune

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yes! I was waiting for him to talk about this.

Everyone should watch this. I look at it as it's not just about auto-tune but this of course applies to all effects and how everyone needs to stop relying on them so much.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I @Fade blame Auto-Tune for all the non singers who think they can sing because they bought a copy of AT, Melodyne, VocAlign, etc. I'd rather get actual voice lessons over time.

Yes! I was waiting for him to talk about this.

Everyone should watch this. I look at it as it's not just about auto-tune but this of course applies to all effects and how everyone needs to stop relying on them so much.

Another Rick Beato fan! I love this dude, he's so talented. Will watch this. Just watched his 'Kiss from a Rose' WMTSG. Was awesome and he actually had Seal on it!

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
Meh. I like the guy, but there is a disconnect here. That disconnect is, it's not that people can't sing, it's that they 'want' the autotune fx.

Even with it, you have to be able to sing a bit to get it to sound good otherwise, it's going to sound like shit. Most people that use the tunning programs, known exactly how off to deviate from the correct pitch to get the fx they need.

Will it survive another 20 years or 30 years, yes it will because the people growing up on the sound... most will still be alive and it will be considered "oldies but goodies'' to them.

I love what he's saying, it just comes off as a bit out of touch with whats 'wanted' vs what people 'need'

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
True @Primz but think about how the soul of music comes from humanity, when I hear Auto-Tune anything it sounds like an emotional detachment coming from robots copulating.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Mainstream @Greg Savage radio ain’t the market for anything.