Monitor speakers

K.O.

Watch out 4 the KnockOut
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Puttin together tracks i notice that the sound isnt what i think when i mix songs down on my computer and then burn them to cd. I was told that i need monitors to get crisp sound so i can hear how the songs need to be mixed down more clear as opposed to using my crappy computer speakers which are ok as far as sound but they dont give me the crisp sound im looking for when im mixing songs down.......my question is Do i really need monitor speakers to better my mixes and does anyone know of any that work with a PC that are affordable and worth buying? or some that hook directly to a korg Triton Le......let me know

fatsdowrong

"SNAPPIN' SKULZ"
ill o.g.
YOUR BEST BET> MONEY WISE, IS TO GET A STEREO AMP $100-250
AND SOME GOOD BOOKSHELF SPEAKERS $150-400 WITH A SOLID MIDRANGE, NICE DEEP WOOFER AND SOME EXTRA CLEAN HIGHS, ON A BUDGET YOU CAN GET A GOOD SETUP FROM LIKE CIRCUIT CITY OR GOOD GUYS FOR ABOUT $250-650 BUCKS DEPENDING ON YOUR BUDGET.....YOU CAN GET USED POWER MONITORS BUT EXPECT TO SPEND AROUND 500-800 BUCKS, WHEN PEOPLE SELL USED STUDIO STUFF THEY USUALLY WANT TO UPGRADE, SO THAT MEANS THEY WANT THE MOST MONEY FOR THEIR USED EQUIPMENT, YA DIGG?
PEACE. HOPE THAT HELPED.

nobodyfamous

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
the best bet for you money is the beringher trugth, $400 for a match pair and are freaking great! the only thing is that they dont have the real real low frequency, like they are 50-20KHz instead of 20-20 (it might be Kz to KHz or whatever, but when you look at the specs you will know what i mean) but to tell you the truth for the price that frequency doesn't make that big of a diffrences and they are modeled after the mackie monitors which are great monitors. i got mine from a music store off ebay, no shippin and a warranty, i love them!

L

Le Sorcier

Before buy it, i think:
Later, it's not important, i can mix without...
I have buy tha Alesis Monitor one Mk2,
Now, i'm thinking, i'm stupid to stand, because it's more clear.

:headbang:

Le Sorcier.

E

ezion-DK

A word of caution...

Yamaha NS-10`s are not being made anymore but they have been the "Industry" standard for about 20 years or so...
And you can still find them second hand, pretty cheap as well.
I use those for blueprinting, and bring my beats with me to other people`s systems to crossreference.
Alternatively Genelec speakers are now the "Industry" standard,
and i`m not saying that you should be paying attention to what is being described as "Industry" but almost every single engineer in every single studio can`t be wrong can they?

Whatever you do, whatever brand you decide to get, the one thing that is always good is to get two different sets. Even if they are both nearfield monitors they will give you perspective when mixing down...
And they save a lot of running around between your homeboys houses and taking their stereo`s hostage...

nas2000xl

The Ripper
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
a great pair of monitors under $500.00 would be the (M-AUDIO BX8 STUDIOPHILE) they are powered monitors with 65watts-HF and 65 watts LF and a frequency responce of 37HZ - 20KHZ. i don`t own a pair but i heard them in someone elses studio, and they sound great.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Re: A word of caution...

Originally posted by ezion-DK
Yamaha NS-10`s are not being made anymore but they have been the "Industry" standard for about 20 years or so...
And you can still find them second hand, pretty cheap as well.
I use those for blueprinting, and bring my beats with me to other people`s systems to crossreference.
Alternatively Genelec speakers are now the "Industry" standard,
and i`m not saying that you should be paying attention to what is being described as "Industry" but almost every single engineer in every single studio can`t be wrong can they?

Whatever you do, whatever brand you decide to get, the one thing that is always good is to get two different sets. Even if they are both nearfield monitors they will give you perspective when mixing down...
And they save a lot of running around between your homeboys houses and taking their stereo`s hostage...

On a note, the NS10's are THE reference monitors, but it's role is nothing compared to Genelec 1031a's. Like most people will say, they're merely reference speakers. I lack the NS10's since the 1031a adds more value to monitoring ( I was on a budget too ) but needed a good reference besides an AKG headphone. Now I don't want to invest in the NS10's for the simple reason that I am in need for farfields now that I have the room to place some Acces farfields ( yum yum ). Now, instead of them ns10s, I am gonna build 2 little cubes fittin a single 100 wat 4 ohm 8" with a first order filter (@1500). A bit cheaper reference for an advanced setup, well considering there's 1031a's next to them little cubes. I do tend to take the stuff out the studio trying to find if there's anything out of place, but then again, I also check my console almost everyday for maintainance attention.

members online