Montral Voted the Best City/Canada, the best country

djswivel

Producer Extraordinaire
ill o.g.
http://channels.netscape.com/ns/homerealestate/feature.jsp?story=top10citiestolive&floc=RE-1_T

I read this on netscape today....Montral is voted the best city in the world to live in. Also says it has the most beautiful women. Now I'm still gonna have to say Toronto is the spot, but damn Montreal is beautiful!!! I DJ'd a gig there last summer for Canada day at Orchid nightclub, and damn there was some fine girls....And even better was during the day downtown, soo many hot ladies!!

Also in that article it says the United Nations has voted Canada the best country in the world...lol

Well as the Molson commercials go, I AM CANADIAN!!

shit, now i want a beer...

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
What was the criteria?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yeah I'd like to know the criteria because I'm sure there's places out there much better than here. It's a nice city, and the women are hot, but c'mon the best? I don't know.

ill o.g.
I heard they got the best green leaf up there, best city though, I dont know. I would pick any place in North Carolina.

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
it could hardly be considered fact, that's just someone's opinion.

A B

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
not sure bout best city, but i kno canadas been one of the top places to live for a couple years now

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
Well, I dont travel too much (hope I'll be able to someday), but from what I saw, Montreal is a pretty decent place, when you look at it the way they did.

the list examined the city's nightlife, standard of living, job sector, arts and culture, weather, state of affairs, and all of the other things that encompass daily life.

For the weather, I guess it's not the best (even if the summer tend to be all right, and, well, some people do like winter), but for the things that encompass daily life... yeah, MTL is on top!!!!

oh, by the way... it's from AskMen.com... so women's beauty probably played a big part in the vote. Oh yeah, the girls here ARE nice!... I think I'm gonna go for a strole, just to celebrate our victory.... (yeah, I'm gonna go check girls like a 16 year old... he he he)

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
Its Probably is But I cannot Take the French

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
CampO said:
Its Probably is But I cannot Take the French

the french? why not?.....

I mean, most people in Montreal 20 years old and up (and I mean Montreal, not the rest of Quebec) can speak both french and english...

And if they are from a minority group, they probably can speak 3 languages... Anyways....saying to a girl "Viens chez moi, je te ferai le déjeuner." sounds way better than "Come to my place, I'll make you breakfast."

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
haha I Cant speak any french I wud Be Lost although I hear half the people in MTL speak English as there first Language

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
philsiarri said:
I've been to Montreal many times. I'm a native French speaker and I REALLY have trouble understanding French Canadians. Their accent and slang is Completely different from standard French. In fact I often ended up speaking English with them, ...^^

hold on.... France's french AND quebec's french is NOT standard french... specially if you're from Paris. The Paris argot is quite far from standard french... and the french you cant understand here is called "joual"... its really screwed up!!!!

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
The quebecers how have roots here (they call themselves "Québécois pure laine") speak in a wierd french that is a mix of english, old french and some other stuff.... they talk as if they were still in 1820 or something.

Actually, to make a parallel, Joual is to french what redneck english is to english

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 182
Saying that Montreal is the place where you can find the most beautiful women is irrelevant. Theres a lot of beauty everywhere in this world. Something that i can say though, is that Montreal is the place where theres a LOT of JERKS and hypocrite girls. they are all waiting for ya !

Ps: Fade, im not talking about you!

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Fade said:
LOL are you talking about the people clubbing on Crescent street?

No, probably the ones on St-Laurent St... even worst!!!! lol (even if they are nice looking)

members online