Mos Def pissed/Lack of support in Jena

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Mos Def, who is currently in Jena, Louisiana for the rally in support of the “Jena 6,” is not happy with the response the Hip-Hop community has shown over the incident. Speaking to MTV News from Jena, Mos criticized his fellow artists, whom he noted seem to have no problem showing up at parties and award shows, for not traveling to Jena for the rally. “Shame on everybody who’s not here,” the rapper told MTV News.
“I’m ****in’ mad. I’m disappointed to always be coming to these things and it’s only one or two people [from the industry here]. If you ain’t gonna use your voice, then be quiet. I’m disappointed and ashamed.” Mos recently called upon his peers and any “influential African-Americans” to join him at the rally. Also in Jena this week is Port Arthur, TX native and UGK group member Bun B, who jumped in his car and drove over when he heard about the demonstration.
“I grew up right next to a town where it’s strictly white people,” Bun explained. “I’ve been privy to these small incidents of violence in these all-white towns. We were blessed to find out about the Jena Six and were blessed to try to make some type of impact in this community before things went too far.”

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 71
I'd be pissed to.....I hope he wilds out on cd and calls out a bunch of artist....lol..

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
10,000 + people came out, this was mostly organized by radio hosts, DJ's and a lot of other personalities that are involved, now whether or not nowadays you can organize a fight the power who's who like in the 90's I don't know, but that really is not the issue, Mos Def I am sure there were plenty of Hip Hop consumers there??? that really would be a more representative slice of the real people to be honest, myself I don't want some monolithic icon speaking for me.

I think Mos Def has a point but here is my advice to Mos Def, don't let your own view of how things should go down define anything...lessen or diminish the facts, many of the real people came out , or supported in spirit whcich was a blessing in itself!!!

I am happy that a lot of the real people came out and not the industry cats to me they do not define hip hop at all because they lost their way, nowadays a lot of the industry folk amount to the fake and out for the dollars and self he shouldn't be surprised unless he was talking about the real underground artists, thats who you need to look for, I bet they came out.

Since he said this I bet ya now they gonna jump on the bandwagon for their own personal interests though.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Yeah well look at what the rest of the industry says in their music, they are essentially about making lives worse not better Im not surprised people didnt show up..
Also Im glad that it was just normal everyday americans who showed up en masse, that to me is what speaks loudest.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
It's great that artist, entertainers and celebs didn't turn out. Let the kids see the real role models in there community for a change! That being real everyday people like mothers, fathers, uncles and aunts, that work for a living! If you need financial contributions for the cause then hit up the famous.

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
If you need financial contributions for the cause then hit up the famous.
i'm glad you mentioned this. David Bowie, yes..David Bowie..has made a $10,000.00 contribution the defense fund for the Jena 6. does anyone know of any one in the Hip Hop community who's made a financial contribution? Kanye sold shy of a million of his album the first week. has mr."bush doesn't care about black people" put in anything for this cause? 50? Jay? Diddy? Baby/Lil Wayne?(it's right in there neck of the woods) all these dudes who's making it rain can't put a couple stacks in for the cause? . artist that were in attendance sept 20th where:
Mos Def
Ice Cube (who says he has sons and he is a black man so where else would he be)
Master P
Bun B and his kids

I only hope contributions have been made from hip hop community (maybe it was done quietly for whatever reason, but that's neither here nor there), or signed a petition.
I hope Mos's expresses his dissatisfaction in bold, loud and clear manner.

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
amd_jena_protesters.jpg

amd_jena10.jpg

14156707_240X180.jpg