Most hated on producer

Treynine39

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I've been going through reading a lot of the posts and so on, and I have come to the conclusion that Swizz Beats is the most hated on producer in the game. At LEAST 50% of the time when shitty producers or anything similar comes up, his name is all in the mix. But you know what? As bad as his beats are, his 3 houses and that Lamborghini Marcialago sitting in his garage......yeah, that one next to the Bentley, makes him not even care what anyone says about him.

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
i dont think thathis bentleys can give him a second opinion on his production, he has had some gems but hes not that nice, and as of recently hes been puttin out mediocre shit, does hie lamborghini listen to hip hop, when he dies will people run to his 3 houses for an outlook of his life or some credibility on his production, HELL kNOw, he may be comfortable caking off on corney shit but im struggling and i can judge hip hop as a fan, not as an IRS agent and if he continues his current streak hes gonna go out as one of the biggest bust of rap music, maybe its that carpul tunnel that messed him up but if hes comfortable puttin out whack shit, he and moshonda will be comfortable in one of his 3 homes.Holla at that!!!

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
"let his bentley and his weak crew e his cushin...." common, circa 2000. dont know exactly who, if anyone, he is referring to in this verse, but it certainly applies here. it seems like no one can dispute the fact that this guy is mediocre in the best times.... because while his name comes up often in the wack producer debate, everyone has the same retort: he's making money, he owns this, etc. by the way, the word "hatin' gets thrown around a little too often.... when someone doesnt like something, they are hating? how does that work? thats become the biggest excuse for artists these days. its not that it's not really that good, people are just hatin... right. you know what? every last one of us will deal with that issue as artists. when someone doesnt like a track of mine, or just likes some more than others, thats fine. i dont think im being "hated" on, unless its people with other motives. i have a partner who will only criticize my work after i have given him my honest opinion about his... THAT is what hating is, right there. when someone doesnt like it for reasons outsie of the music. i think you have to actually be good to truly be "hated on"

Treynine39

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
It's hating because the same cats that bash him nod their heads when they hear "Ruff Ryders Anthem" and "Good Times" Which we established on another thread that even though he did not actually compose the beat, he did produce the track. And in my opinion, and all the other people that bang their heads to it, it's a hot track. Now, he did have some mediocre tracks come out as well, but who doesn't? As I recall, Dre did have the whole Aftermath album. No one doubts him. Remember, Swizz is only 23 years of age, he hasn't even tapped into his prime. He will recover, and be all over the radio, like he was in 1998-1999. And the reson I bring up his material things is because many people had to like his shit for him to sell that many units. True, his fam got him in the game, but his tracks put money in his pocket. And alot of you cats are sounding like an undrafted high school cat saying he's better than half the people drafted. Instead of talking about how bad and wack someone is, learn from their mistakes and put out something hotter. Have heart and get the units pushed locally, and get on a major artists album and prove your better than him.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
you call it hating; i call it not liking the guys music. big difference. when did any of us SAY we are better? even if someo f us are, we're not making the impact he has..... yet. we are all looking to establish ourselves in some way with this. that being said, you can call people haters or whatever you want to call them for not liking certain things- some of you sound like the wack producer who sells millions think that the heads who dont feel him are just haters..... just as you perceive those of us who arent on the mans nuts as the undrafted high schooler. it can go both ways. "if i dont like it, i dont like it- that dont mean that i'm hating" - common, once again circa 2000. its funny how its not ok to have an opinion that doesnt favor someone but its ok to put a rediculous label on people who do.

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Hatin is when not only you dislike a person but everything he does good or bad you only have negative things to say about it....In swizz Beatz case no one knows him personaly so thefore no one hates on him...He's putting out bullshit wether he get's rich off of it or not it's still bullshit!!I know it's bullshit you know it's bullshit Guvera Knows it's bullshit Truth Told knows it's bullshit and more than half of the Illmuzik comunity and hip hop world knows it's bullshit.....To be hatin on a person you have to have a personal thing against them ...Like me I hate on memphis weak I mean bleek never met the man never done nothing to me just the way he rhymes and talks during radio interviews and the fact that he tried to diss nas anything I hear from him is wack no matter if swizz produced it premo dj shadow rockwilder Dr Dre Fade Truth Told Guvera or even Treynine39 produced it....That's what you call hatin!!!!

Barock

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Originally posted by Treynine39
It's hating because the same cats that bash him nod their heads when they hear "Ruff Ryders Anthem" and "Good Times"

well, i just don't like his bullshit, and I don't bang heads to some other bullshit ,ade by swizz....

D

database

As bad as his beats are, his 3 houses and that Lamborghini Marcialago sitting in his garage......yeah, that one next to the Bentley, makes him not even care what anyone says about him.

thats exactly what makes him a bad beat creator, materialism bwoy, are you the man just for owning a mpc or are you the man because your having fun making beats on one

TITO

MAESTRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
i think swizz beatz is cool he got his own style some like it some don't. in this game everyone is not going to like you bottom line. his beats sound more like a marching band, who know maybe he was in a band growing up but that good times joint was off the hook.

i say the most hated producer to date is Dr. Dre. there are a lot of cats out there talking about he fucked the game up by letting eminem, and 50 cent ge in the game. my opinion is by him letting eminem in the game he exposed hip hop to a wider audience and now you got white folks buying hip hop albums so that all good to me. second as far a 50 cent goes, he saved the game because all that hip-r&b shit that jarule was putting out was blurring hip hop, it was becoming unpure and that aint cool. we need to keep hip hop as real as possible before there wont be no hip-hop.
my advise to benzino is step your rap game up.
and for jeffrey atkins is to keep it real nigga!

im out.:smokin:

Treynine39

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
It's all a big cycle, 50 Cent came and brought thug music back the same way DMX did, and the same way Tupac did, and the same way NWA did. So, I give Dre props on bringing in Eminem, in turn, bringing in 50. I can't believe all them labels slept on his talent. But anyways, I can think of more good tracks produced by Swizz than bad, because Eves first album, LOX second album, and damn near all three Ruff Ryder Ryde or Die albums were hot and I think Drag-on's album would have been hot if he didn't keep up with the whole fire thing. And if they weren't, then I can't believe all the people bumping that horrible shit in their cars everywhere from New York to Spring Break in Florida. So what I'm saying is that cats should ease up on dude, he got skill. It just so happens he isn't sample happy like most beatsmiths.

In swizz Beatz case no one knows him personaly so thefore no one hates on him...to be hatin on a person you have to have a personal thing against them ...Like me I hate on memphis weak I mean bleek never met the man never done nothing to me

If he didn't do anything to you, it can't possibly be that personal. If it's all because he dissed Nas, than that's weak.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
thug music? you mean, like him singing over the beat from tainted? oh, well, he is singing gangsta lyrics, right? or, you know, nate dogg singing on 21 questions? right.... your points make no sense. i dont care HOW many people bump something- everyone loved "the thong song" and that was just about the worst song to come out in the last 10 years! sales do not translate to good. what defines "hot", ayhow? im not trying to rag on any artist in particular, but hot is only what sells and what bangs in the clubs, according to your logic. you know what is hot? when artsists write real songs about real things with a real pespective, in a creative way. that being said, the vast majority of "hot" artists wouldnt even come close.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
oh, by the way, obviously swizz IS getting a bit sample happy, because he bought a beat that sounded essentially the same as kanye west..... i know i am the one sayng that he didnt originate that, bt he sure as hell helped saturate the market with it (along with the just-as-good-but-very-slept-on ayatollah.)..... and so where did his creativity go there? his own beats were garbage, his album was garbage, and so he bought a beat from someone else that fit the sound of the currently saturated market. what a creative genius!!

TITO

MAESTRO
ill o.g.
his own beats were garbage, his album was garbage, and so he bought a beat from someone else that fit the sound of the currently saturated market. what a creative genius!! [/B]

Thats right a producer dont have to create beats he maily puts a song together.

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
If he didn't do anything to you, it can't possibly be that personal. If it's all because he dissed Nas, than that's weak.

No that's not weak ...It's hatin

milLion

buildin'
ill o.g.
if you don't like swizz then that's cool -- if you do like him, then that's cool -- if you think he doesn't have any talent, then that's cool -- if you do think he has talent, then that's cool -- just do you and don't worry about the rest

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I would have to say it is the Neptunes. Their name comes up more than Swizz so they have a few more haters than Swizz. But if you meant proportionately, then yeah...Swizz has more haters. 9 out of 10 times people shyte on Swizz but online about 5 out of 10 people I talk to bust on the Neptunes.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
haters, haters, haters, whatever. i dont like either one of them, so i guess im a hater.... you know who gets hated on? Jay Dee. wanna know why he gets hated on? because he is every bit as good (actually better in many ways...) as those two and he sells maybe a tenth of what they do. thats what I call hating.... hating is when someone like kanye west gets all the credit for this big soul sample movement when ayatollah has been doing the same music at the same quality and gets one third of the recognition, because..... why, exactly? you dont think that ms. fat booty wouldnt have soared up the charts had it been Jay Z instead of Mos Def? thats what i call hate, because Mos Def is EVERY bit as good as ANYONE out there....... and gets slept on continually, and likely always will be.... hate is when Talib Kweli released an album far better than eminem's eminem show, in every way, and has a much better single with "get by" but no real play, but everything em does gets mad love and rotation, even when it is mediocre. hate is when gay ass smiles and southstar (the name says it all....) get mad rotation and The Roots STILL get ZERO support from MTV, now thats what i call hate.......

TITO

MAESTRO
ill o.g.
Thats not hating, thats weak promotion. mos def and talib dont have a budget like em does so they cant afford to launch a promotional campaine like em does. a lot of cats underestimate the power of promotion. if people dont hear about you how are they going to know that your there.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
um.... no, it's not "weak"promotion. they do not get the play from the major media outlets.. the radio doesnt give their records spins because they arent getting paid to do it and they do not make the kind of muxic that the masses at large prefer. em is a marketers dream; blackstar are the polar opposite of the rest of radio. it has nothing to do with budget. you think bonecrusher has a huge budget? he gets mad spins because radio and mtv thrive off that style. the point was that they get slept on because they do not conform the the mainstream media, even as they get a more commercialized sound. talib had a pretty good marketing campaign on quality. mos had a nationally released movie.