Motif rack and fl studio

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I've researched this and I think all I did was confuse myself even more. Please help a brother clarify

I want to use the Motif Rack sounds with Fl studio.

I will hook up a midi controller to the Motif Rack.

I would hook up the midi out of my computer to the motif's midi in. In order to hear the sounds I would have to also hook up the line out of the motif to the line out of my soundcard.

If I do all the above will I be able to record midi from the motif into fl studio and still be able to manipulate the sounds in the step sequencer as if the motif were just a vst??

I swear I'm making this more complicated then it needs to be.

scandal

Maker of Beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 178
Hope this helps, it is a little complicated at first.

1. MIDI OUT of computer/soundcard to MIDI IN of Motif

2. Audio OUT L/R of Motif to AUDIO IN of sound card (Choose a set of Inputs ex. 1/2, 3/4, 5/6....)

3. Next go to the FL studio midi menu which is under options-midi.

4. On the midi output window at the very top find and click on the midi out device you use in step 1. Click send master Sync and than choose a port that is not in use #3 is usually safe.

5. Once you do all this it will be saved so u dont have to do it again.

6. Next go to the mixer window and click on any free channel and click on input (on the right side). From the input drop down window your gonna have to pick the inputs that you choose to plug the motif into the soundcard. (ex. if you plugged the motif into input 1/2 than choose 1/2 on the drop window.)

7. Lastly all you gotta do is open up the midi out vst thru the channels menu, and when that opens up match the port number with the port number that you chose earlier for the motif.

8. That should be it. You will be able to record the motif straight to the piano roll, but your gonna have to realtime render the wave to be able to save it in your project. or there are other work arounds but your gonnna have to check the fl boards for that.

Hope that helped u.

members online