Movie about sampling: video inside

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
The fight against sampling was and is an attempt to ruin Hip Hop.

If this were applied to every medium, every book on the shelf of Barnes and Noble would be taken down.

Why in music must the originator of the idea be monetarily compensated? If I write a book and use someone elses idea I simply have to cite them as the source. Hell, if I write fiction I don't even have to do that.

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
ManDAmyth said:
The fight against sampling was and is an attempt to ruin Hip Hop.

If this were applied to every medium, every book on the shelf of Barnes and Noble would be taken down.

Why in music must the originator of the idea be monetarily compensated? If I write a book and use someone elses idea I simply have to cite them as the source. Hell, if I write fiction I don't even have to do that.

i think that they can never stop sampling... even the preset sound on ur keyboard were sampled for a live playing.. so.. then what...

and the reason why they're so into music. is cuz that's where the money is... law suites get money for both the lawyer and the winner... plus advertising for future customers... and what other business can a 18 make 1 million dollars a yr. in if they're decent... the number of millionares connected to music is alot more the those who are not... and the age limit ranges from 13-??? c'mon... BowWow is a millionare, and that's before he was 18... even Lil Romeo... hate it or not.... ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY...

PushPlay

ill o.g.
Freakwncy said:
i think that they can never stop sampling... even the preset sound on ur keyboard were sampled for a live playing.. so.. then what...

and the reason why they're so into music. is cuz that's where the money is... law suites get money for both the lawyer and the winner... plus advertising for future customers... and what other business can a 18 make 1 million dollars a yr. in if they're decent... the number of millionares connected to music is alot more the those who are not... and the age limit ranges from 13-??? c'mon... BowWow is a millionare, and that's before he was 18... even Lil Romeo... hate it or not.... ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY...

True, just do what ya feel

Bloodybastid

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
It's funny how when it comes to Hip-Hop...sampling is a big deal but when it's another genre of music. It's usually ignored. Tells you something right there.

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
hip hop is here to stay. it aint going anywhere

Donovan

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I was workin out on campus and heard a song that sounded a lot like a Elvis track... But it sounded like some young guys (30ish?) singin on it... Pretty sure it was a rock track. I think the problem is people are annoyed when you sample... So just replay the sample. I'd be annoyed if I made a track and someone chopped, looped, and made a few grand off of it too.

But I'm w/ the guy that said all you gotta do is cite in a book and you're straight, but have to pay cash to use a sample... Definitely weak.

-Donovan

members online