Movie Review: Book of Eli

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Beware of spoilers...

Not that I drop any, but if you are going to read up on this movie at all, be careful because you might find out some things you need to find out on your own. I just wanted to give yall a heads up.

I saw this last night. This is a hard movie to review or give an opinion on because it is the type of movie that you just have to see for yourself. All I can say is I hated it while I watched it but when it was over all I wanted to do was watch it all over again. I couldn't stop talking about it because I was in disbelief. It had some unique scenes. But a lot of it was familiar. I usually love movies with a lot of silence and scenes where there is a lot of communication even though there is not a lot of dialog. But you don't get to really appreciate it until the movie is over.

I highly recommend it.

Attachments

• 109930_the-book-of-eli-la-premiere.jpg
    109930_the-book-of-eli-la-premiere.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 90
  • Book-of-Eli-560.jpg
    Book-of-Eli-560.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 91
  • mila_kunis_l101.jpg
    mila_kunis_l101.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 96

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Good point...

Hmmm.....Been wanting to see this too even tho its on the biblical tip....

That is part of what is killing the movie. I know a lot of people get turned off by that because when you have a biblical aspect, you tend to see a sort of right and wrong and judgement as well as personal beliefs being forced on you. But this movie doesn't do that. And that is part of what makes it awesome.

And it is a movie that you can't really talk about because people need to experience it with their own eyes. So there is not a lot of buzz around it.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
he already put the spoiler alert yall should go ahead....

wrightboy

Formally Finnigan
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
yeah, i wasn't interested in seeing this movie at all. went to see avatar and it was sold out (didn't really want to see that either, but you know how we do shit we don't want to when the possibility of some booty is involved). anyway, ended up seeing it, and i thought it was a good ass movie. and yes, you have to watch it all the way to the end to get the full effect. 2 thumbs up!

members online