Moving to Canada

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
CampO said:
Hostiles as in Homeless Shelters ? well if thats what you mean then yea we have those. Honestly the Job Market here isint the Greatest which I find wierd for a Country that Is growing at such a Rapid Rate Its hard to find a job here one that would enjoy anyways. What kinda Employment are you seeking ?

i'd like to backpack there via bus and travel throughout first. I don't have a family yet so safety upon my investagation is not too serious, i can take care of myself. The employment is varied cause i'm capable of most anything. Though degree's and experience declare that shit so before i really move i'll have figured my major. Maybe I decide a science that is in warm climates, then Canada would not matter. I have noticed that warmer climates have more crime and colder climates have less crime, living in an area with all 4 seasons I can feel that statistic

another reason i wanna go ku'nuck

EDIT

my main purpose here is not me but my progeny, not even my children, but theirs. In the year 3,000 I want my genetics survived because I see a lot of almighty tings within my minds eye. it's about ultimate survival for me because i have hope for the future.

edit

thanks to dako and pug (who pmed) for the great information!

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Damn sYg I was gonna talk about the pros and cons of NC but after that promo I'm packin and movin up there! LOL
I like Canada if only from the people I have met from there.
I'm not saying that there arent any ugly sistas there, but I have yet to see one.
The hiphop that I have heard from there from the most part is good.
Its like the US but happy.
Now I'm stuck here in Charlotte NC.
This is a great town if you have an ass of cash. I mean a GREAT town if you have an ass of cash. Alot of rappers and shit have houses and shit here on the sneak tip.
It is a very integrated city but has not always been that way.
I was one of the "lucky few" white guys who were starters in the hiphop game here.
I have been called about everything you can imagine on the way to this point.
I swear we probably rate pretty damn high on interracial couple city rating.
City is REAL clean. We have the Super Bowl winning team this year!! HA!!
The main problems here is the taxes are high, the crime is random and growing, and the city council does what it wants.
Yes there are still rednex here but overall the people are REAL friendly and the hiphop scene is going through the painful labour phase of giving birth to a new self.
If you cop a job making 35 thou plus a year then you can be pretty comfortable.
The surrounding counties are good places tho.
OK I went on too long. I wanna go to Cananda too. :)

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
here's the taxation in the standard of: 'Taxes as percentage of GDP (Gross Domestic Product)
http://www.estv.admin.ch/data/sd/e/inter/pdf/ant_di.pdf

There are sacrifices to moving to a humble and happy land, i think the climate might partially define my college major. i could be a rocket scientist if i wanted
edit
opps i was misunderstood, I get taxed 37%-40% in america on my paycheck. I understand the nations GDP is not a reflection of income tax. hey ku'nucks how much is out of your checks?

i havn't had healthcare in years and i have a birth deformanity that effects my lungs (my chest is caved in). Healthcare is a major issue for me.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@Chrono - don't listen to Pug! He don't know shit.....

If you decide to come up to check things out, try to swing by here (Montreal) anyway :)

ill o.g.
Also I predicte Toronto in 2 or 3 years will be a hot spot for Mainstream rap... which like it or not brings Money. which we all love...

monumental

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 6
Alright i am shocked by this thread clearly no one is really aware of what Canada offers.... don't go to Toronto all you get is bad weather, horrble pollution (" Nice smog today eh?" and in my opinion a weak hip hop scene with mostly copycat Ny rappers... Vancouver is the place, first it's where everyone from Canada's moves to all my friends are from the east, vancouver also has the mildest weather in Canada, girls and beaches all over the place . Plus people on the west or relaxed and more artistic, "pass me a hit of that" plus even you guys from the south gotta know about " BC BUd" ? Ask anyone like Snoop Dogg he's feels Vancouver... he frequents the area

ill o.g.
No offense but I hate Vancouver! Is nothing but backpackers ( no offense again) but really i would personally rather be araound fake ny'ers that backpackers.. bu its up to you.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
i researched the backpacker scene in Canada and it look like people from 18-30 and i read a lot abot do's and dont's. my priority is to find a place to give my future children a safe and culturally diverse community, as well as myself. i appreciate the various point's of view and ask for more

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
Well, I guess it all depends on what you actually are aiming for, if you want to be in an urban environment, the 3 places are Vancouver, Tdot and Mtl, but there are other places you can look for, like...
- Alberta, Edmonton... http://www.edmonton.ca/portal/server.pt
Calgary... http://www.calgary.ca/portal/server.pt?
- Manitoba, Winnipeg... http://www.winnipeg.ca/interhom/

but ithey're small compared to the 3 others, and they're a real bore...

But, on most Top 10 Best Cities to Live in, Vancouver is there quite often, as Montreal is... But if it's for you're childrens you're moving, know that Vancouver is infested with drugs...(from what I can find... hard drugs, not just weed)

ill o.g.
Yea but keep this in mind..Toronto is a safe city. Copare it to any large city of its size and it is a safe city. Right now the gun violence s finally starting to equal the people.Toronto is like any other city its got good and bad.

T

The Bastard

i agree wit class, only reason id go to canada is to get smashed if wasnt 21 yet.or to watch the bruins stomp on the canadiens. theres like a bagillion suburbs in the u.s. you can call home.why go to canada and freeze yur ass off

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
why go to canada and freeze yur ass off

Honestly I just got back from Ny 3 days B4 X-mas and Ny Was Colder Then T.O but when I got off the Plane i Seen a Ton of Snow.

or to watch the bruins stomp on the canadiens.

Hahaha Bruins are Shitttyyyyyy now without Thorton Poor Bastard the Pat's Dynasty is over and the Bruins well they aint been shit since Bobby Orr

On a Side Note Fuck The Senators they Raped us today last I checked it was 7-0

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
The other place I am considering is California.

I prefer a warm climate and I run alot for health and the bettes plus I enjoy cannibus. Where are some nice places to live by the beach? I am using a website that will send me a relocation package but I have to know which county i'll be moving too, what's good?

culture and safety are the main criteria

members online

No members online now.