MP and Reson combined

N

NoteFingaz

i just wanted to ask reason users who also use a mpc. i want to know is thier any advantage in using both the MPC and Reason, and if so how do you use them together for your beats. as you can tell i dont own a MPC but it seems to be compatible with hip hop production, just curious.

Tha1AndOnlyDJT

DJ Will Kill
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 36
I use the two together. i like the mpc's sequencer alot better and the way it quantize. but i like the sound in reason. i also load my drums into reason so i can tweak them with the built in effects. but when i do a sample beat, i load all samples into the mpc. the mpc is much easier to flip samples in. i also use outboard racks like the e-mu proteus 2000 and mophatt. i take those sounds and sample them into my computer. then i load them up in reason. i do this because once again i like to add effects to my sounds.

N

NoteFingaz

I see, it sounds like you have more options available using the MP. What kind do you have and what is a good MPC for a beginner start with, cuz if i can use it wth reason and get another avenue of producing im with it

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
It doesnt make much sense to me. I wouldnt spend 2000$ to do something the 400$ program can do... its either one or the other, unless you got it like that. But i find a process that works..and run it into the ground..so adding a mpc would just mess up my program. I never had anyone come at me asking for the "mpc sound" lol...so i keep it like it is. Also, the mpc quantize can be emulated....you can even NOT quantize in reason...which works (if u have rhytm). The mpc has alot of great features, dont get me wrong, but im just not willing to pay for them...when i have much more accessible that does the job and faster.

Dabeskeptsekret

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I agree wholeheartedly with what J1mba has said, and Kurt Rich. If you want some swing, turn the quantize off. That'll give you all sorts of swing and groove. There is an MPC3K swing made by Peff (Reason Guru) floating around on the net, you can definately use that. For the sampling portion, you could chop your Samples up in Recycle, then send em' to the Dr. Rex player and play the chops, or play the loop.

But I mean hey, its all preference driven, so do what works for you you know?