Mpc 1000/2000

PrOLifiK

Wax Fondling Since 420
ill o.g.
Can someone please tell me what exactly more you can do with an 2000 than you can with a 1000??

T

The Bastard

timestretch bpm match,if u usin the mpc 1000 to control mad things u might get sum clipping

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
What do you mean by clipping ( audio ? ), caused by controlling mad things like ? midi ?
Does the internal os drop out when overloading the processor ?

Just like to know

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
Yeah, the 2000 has timestretch but the 1000 you can mix different programs together. Like use the snare from on set of sounds and the hi hat from another set of sounds. I dont think you can do that on the 2000 if im correcrt. I have a 1000 and it dosn't timestretch, and I think that option is very useful.

"The Oz"

T

The Bastard

yeah audio clipping when controlling a lot of midi equipment guy,its not over loading the processor , i forgot what its called but the 2000 is able to control more things at once than the 1k ,

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
They both send midi messages and sysex, I assume that since it's within the protocol of the midi language. What you probably mean is the lack of polyphony left on your synth, sampler etc during playback via mpc.

Tha1AndOnlyDJT

DJ Will Kill
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 36
Ozmosis said:
Yeah, the 2000 has timestretch but the 1000 you can mix different programs together. Like use the snare from on set of sounds and the hi hat from another set of sounds. I dont think you can do that on the 2000 if im correcrt. I have a 1000 and it dosn't timestretch, and I think that option is very useful.

"The Oz"
You Can use diff. sound from diff. Programs on the 2000

T

The Bastard

no what i meant is the 2000xl can control more things at once,simple as that

T

The Bastard

dude wanted to know what more the 2000xl can do than the 1000,not what internal chips make them diffrent,herb

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
inspectah wu said:
no what i meant is the 2000xl can control more things at once,simple as that

Sorry for being curious 'bout what you meant by this, next time I'll ask to be more specific. The cpu was regarding the fact that the mpc1k comes from the next generation samplers from Akai, that was before the mpc2kxl.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
It does not support scsi since it features usb, current generation scsi would make an mpc1k setup far too expensive to be practical. Besides, everybody has usb, why bother with scsi on a mpc1k.

ill o.g.
JMaafia,
If you mean puttin samples on yuor computers zip then puttin that zip into your mpc's zip, then no. The disk will be formatted for the computer and it wont work in your MPC.