***mpc 1000, Keyboard Or Cd Turntables***

Beatz 101

itsOneO.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 179
I think my skills outgrew software.
At the beginning of the year i was swaying towards coppin' a MPC 1000 to add to my software based setup. But lately i been thinkin', how will a MPC 1000 actually improve my production quality?

I'd'll be nice to have a mpc but with fruityloops n' cool edit alone i think i can do whateva an MPC can do.

So i was thinkin' maybe i should learn how to scratch to add a new element to my music.
Some peeps said i should copp a motif or some keyboard n' start goin' more the synth route.
But what do some of yall suggest i should add to help me grow as an artist.
u can peep some tracks here: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/oneooneent_music.htm

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Shit, I say u should go get a turntable and mixer and get to cuttin'... I like your beats man, you got a good sound, stick with what u do, to add some cuts would be dope... Your sampled joints sound better to me than your synthed out joints (just mu opinion) they definitly aint bad though, at all...

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
do u have a midi keyboard? if so, get tables, if not, get a keyboard (midi or otherwise)

good luck mate!

Hita_K

Dilltastic
ill o.g.
I would say stick to what u know as well, cuz to me hardware is not as flexable.

Beatz 101

itsOneO.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 179
i already got a oxygen 8 midi controller.

but im prolly gonna copp some turntables. perferrably cd turntables cuz its more portable.

does anybody know some good cd turntables that i can work wit?

and whats da learnin' curve?

my homeys that DJ says it takes a good 5 years to get comfortable wit ya skills. But whats some of yalls opinions.

T

The Bastard

yeah if u doin everything u want wit software, why change it, id go wit the tables

DJFANTOM

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Beatz 101 said:
right now im lookin' at the Numark CDX, Denon DNS5000, or the Pioneer CDJ 1000

dat denon looks the best i think wit all the extra features.

any other time i would say go with the denons i lovem ive used em soon will own them and know pretty much every thing about em how to use em... buuuut if you not planing on djing partys etc.. and just wanna scratch in da studio and maybe at a show go simple and get the pioneers (cant beleive im saying this)

da 800 is fine for ur application but if u wanna go all out get the 1000.

the cdx is realy the truth sounds and feels just like vinyl . ive used it at a party. i just dont trust numark plus i heard accounts of it overheating alot and freezing on people and ive seen 1st hand it bugging out after being too hot at guitar center 1 time ( but that may have just been a faulty display unit) again if its just for the studio that would be a good bet also.

i need em for studio and live dj applications sometimes replacing my turntables for certain events ... so im getting the denons.

members online