Mpc 1000 + Reason 4...cant Get It To Work!!

ill o.g.
DIDNT KNOW EXACTLY WHICH THREAD TO POST THIS IN...

I have my mpc 1000 and reason 4 now I have older beats I made on my mpc with reason 3..but when I open it up in reason 4 I cant play the sounds.. it will bring up the sounda I picked in reason 3 but the sounds will not play...CAN ANYONE POINT OUT OR HELP ME WITH THIS PROBLEM PLEASE??? CAUSE I NEED TO TRACK THESE BEATS INTO SONAR SOO I CAN GET EM ONTO SOUNDCLICK...CAN ANYONE HELP ME PLEASE!???

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
No One Can Help Me??? C'mon Now..whats Up Wit My Ill Fam???!!! I Know Yalll Can Help

Can't help with something I haven't experienced! All my Reason 3 files work fine in Reason 4.

Is it a legitimate copy of 4 that you upgraded from 3( abd was 3 legit as well)?

Why don't you just reinstall 3 and track the older stuff out, then reinstall 4?

Doesn't seem like a very big problem to me...............

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
You have the same preference settings for your audio right? and your wiring hasnt been messed with I assume?

Elaborate a little more and we can see if its an installation bug or some setting is tweeked. You get audio in reason 4 right? with new tracks?

ill o.g.
Everything is the same...ALL I DID WAS OPEN THE FILE I MADE IN REASON 3 INTO REASON 4 AND LOADED THE BEAT UP ON THE MPC AND PRESSED PLAY BUT NOTHING PLAYED EXCEPT THE BEAT FROM THE MPC..(ALL MY OLDER BEATS THAT WERE ACTUALLY MADE IN REASON 3 OPENED IN REASON 4 AND ACTUALLY PLAYED) But I cant get my reason 3 + mpc beats (SOUNDS/INSTRUMENTS) to play..

N.Y.S.O.M.

A Beat Nut
ill o.g.
So its obvious there is a setting with your hardware and the software not matching then. I’m not to familiar With MPC set ups with reason. How do you have everything connected?

either the setting prefernce of the MPC or hes missings certain refills in Reason

ill o.g.
No i have ALL the same refills and everything is setup the SAME way as it was in reason 3...Only thing I did was upgrade my reason...What I do is on the mpc on track 1 I turn midi a to channel 1 which is channel (INSTRUMENT) 1 in reason. then I record then on track 2 I setup my drums just like any other mpc 1000 3000 4000 2500 5000 or whatever...ETC ETC..!!!

ill o.g.
No I sequenced all on my mpc...And all I did was have first sound/sounds I want to play on track one on the mpc soo i setup the drop menu in reason on the midi device to the sound I wanted to play on track one...then so and so on..nothings different from reason 3..I made sure I setup everything properly..but I see that reason 4 in the sequencer has somekind of midi channel thing going on I messed with that but that didnt work either...

N.Y.S.O.M.

A Beat Nut
ill o.g.
No I sequenced all on my mpc...And all I did was have first sound/sounds I want to play on track one on the mpc soo i setup the drop menu in reason on the midi device to the sound I wanted to play on track one...then so and so on..nothings different from reason 3..I made sure I setup everything properly..but I see that reason 4 in the sequencer has somekind of midi channel thing going on I messed with that but that didnt work either...

go to prefernces> advanced midi

members online