Mpc 2500/mv-8000 Comparision

JKIEYZ

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I Know We've All Since This Before But I Got My Credit Card In Hand And Dont Know Which Piece To Buy.ive Tried Both I Love The Mpc 2500 Workflow And Programing Options And I Like Some Of The Features On The Mv-8000.akai Just Added New Features For The Mpc 2500 To Record An Audio Cd Just Like The Mv-8000.

I Want To Know What You Guys Think,which Is The Better Buy For Over All Production,feature Wise And Anything Else In Between

Advise Please!!!!!

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
MV-8000 is better for overall production - like from an idea to a whole finished mastered product ready to burn to CD. you can do everything in that box. it makes most people's whole studio redundant.

but the MV aint got the MPC swing AND if you went for the MPC you would have spare money to spend on other equipment that would do the same as what the MV can do but better.

for example you would have money for some keys and a sound module, and maybe some proper mastering software which would shit on the MV's mastering, which iv heard isnt amazing.

id go for MPC.

young_keyz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
The mpc 2500 is nice and the MV8000 is nice too. I Never used the 2500 but i own a mpc 2kxl and i dont think the two are really that much different just a few hardware updates and a tad bit of software updates. The Mv8000 to me is a overall great machine(not to say the 2500 isnt). For a newbie i think the mv 8000 gives you alot to work with and grow into. The mastering aint the greatest but i know so many people who have a real or crack copy of waves..fuckin up a tracks just as bad. The mv has great effects so you can you learn how to get great sound from your samples. With eq on every track..you can also learn to eq your sounds. Alot of this stuff one would need to buy software or out board gear to do this stuff. The mv lets you do alot inside one box...no matter good or bad you get a chance to understand maybe get good at something. I love the auto chop and bpm sync. As far as the mpc swing...i think the mv swings different but not in a bad way! With any kind of gear one just needs to learn to tweak it and i have tweak mines to get what i would called a good swing. The only advantage i think the 2500 has is the fact it has 4 midi ports compare to the mv on in and two out. No big deal cause i dont really have plans to use more than one keyboard maybe two(my motif es and nord lead). Dont forget the vga...that just sets the mv off. WHo wount like to see it all in color on a 17 inch screen! Ask me any questions if you want to know more. Im very open minded and i feel both machines are great.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
if they were priced the same the mv8000 would go all the way

misscc803

Miss C.C.
ill o.g.
Have you ever used an MPC? If you like the MPC workflow then i say go wit da 2500. I havent ever used either but check them out both. But da MV-8000 is slept on sometimez cauze everybody wants a MPC. But hey either way focus on dem beatz not whatz hot in da streetz fam.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
i would go with mv too .. and i have a 4000 .. i would choose the 4000 over the mv, but i would definetly choose the mv over the 2500 ... especially if you have never owned an mpc before ... im at the point where im so comfortable and quick on the mpc that i wouldnt want to take time to learn a new sequencer.. but if I never had drum a machine before i would prolly get the mv over the 2500 cuz it has way more features and is more complete

FSC

Royal Souf Productions
ill o.g.
I didn't think that many people would go with the mv.. But i would pick that too over the 2500