Mpc 2500!!!!

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
N.U.G. said:
what does the 2500 do that the 2000XL can't do?
judging the spec not too much yo. Class did say if you already have a 2kxl, the next step from that is the 4k. this 2500 clearly looks like a step from the 1k and a replacemnt of the 2k.

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
yo dat shit looks tight but i when that drops the price of the 1000 would fall to right.

also bhunt if you get that just sell the 4000 you will have more than enough money for the mpc-2500 and more.

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
2_nice said:
i'm still getting a sp-404 ; )

what i want to know is WHY ! isn't this peice 24 bit !!

I'm with you on that one. I can't believe that they did'nt make it 24bit capable. I guess if they did it would make the MPC 4000 redundant. I don't know. I think it's the ultimate middle machine though. The upgrades on it are much needed to bring this classic machine into the this age. I think that they waited long enough. They are not on some Roland ish.
Before I run off and sell my 2000XL though; I'll wait and see what kind of bugs this machine is going to have. LOL!
ONE

N.Y.S.O.M.

A Beat Nut
ill o.g.
classic said:
Its definaly a step up from the 1000 & 2000, but if u got an XL its not really worth upgrading for the price, u might as well get a 4000

clas....

yo class remember what i told u yesterday everyones gonna want it n sell their xls hahahahahaha

50 cal

King of the West
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
classic said:
Nahh this aint the case at all, the 2500 is just ment to replace the 2xl. Dispite its dopeness the 2xl technology is alomst 10 years old. Its a much needed upgrade.

Now the flagship MPC's are gonna be

MPC 1000
MPC 2500
MPC 4000

Each realitivly new and each filling a market niche price and feature wise

class,,,,

so do you think there going to discontinue the xl

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Its not 24 bit because it's still the same engine, in fact, besides the 4 midi out and the bigger display it's pretty much a mpc1k. I think they're dumping the factory stock since Alesis bought akai pro and heading for new generation mpc's like the 4k, with budget models based on the 4k and the Z engine.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Ok I had to find out for myself, I emailed the sales Rep on the Akai pro WEBSITE...below is exactly what he sent me.....

The 2500 is not out in Europe or japan. We will be divulging info to our dealers and posting on our web sites after Sep 12

JT

ill o.g.
i would like to know why people have a problem 16mbs. I have no trouble makin shit with a max of 20seconds sampling, and people are mad cuz theres only 16mb's.

N.Y.S.O.M.

A Beat Nut
ill o.g.
Loose Cannon said:
i would like to know why people have a problem 16mbs. I have no trouble makin shit with a max of 20seconds sampling, and people are mad cuz theres only 16mb's.

the probably want more to sample off of

Mastertunes

ill o.g.
Po-Ethix said:
anyone know the price on it? guess i bought the 2xl too early hehe, fuck it tho i aint upgrading

The rumoured official price is said to be 2k, but looking at past MPC's, it's gonna be couple hundred bucks cheaper then that.

N.Y.S.O.M.

A Beat Nut
ill o.g.
Mastertunes said:
The rumoured official price is said to be 2k, but looking at past MPC's, it's gonna be couple hundred bucks cheaper then that.

since everyones gonna jump on it they can slide the xl my way lol

members online