Mpc 2500!!!!

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Trife said:
since everyones gonna jump on it they can slide the xl my way lol

I heard that! I'd be happy with a 2000XL anyday!

I think that joint will run at about $2500 when it first drops. Almost every MPC when they first dropped is as much or almost as much as the model number, lol...

N.Y.S.O.M.

A Beat Nut
ill o.g.
Steel Side said:
yeah, I'm feelin that. I might have to trade my 1000 in.

but see the xl is just as good as the 2500................but catz gonna wanna buy the new shyt i wouldnt need a cd drive for my MPC i use a zip disk all day everyday

Mastertunes

ill o.g.
LOL! I just saw some video on Sonic State from the London Plasa show, showing some movie of a dude from Akaipro saying that the MPC 2.5k is the most powerful MPC to date, shipping at the end of the year for a price just under the 2000 pounds! Ridiculous! Lemme see, that's around 3300 dollars lol. I'm not sure if this dude knew what he was talking about, but the price is way out of range to me. Check the movie if you don't believe me http://www.sonicstate.com/news/shownews.cfm?newsid=2348#

The strange thing is, that the article at Sonic State itself says, that the price is not yet available but it will be in the region of 2000 dollars.

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
I must be a dinosaur ..... LMAO I still use the MPC 3000 Roger Linn version ... Old School BABY!!!

Attachments

• akai_mpc3000_001.jpg
    akai_mpc3000_001.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 162

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Yeah I sold mine finally about 7 or 8 months back I sort of miss it but my 1000 does everything I need and I'm old skool too, started out on the sp12..then the 1200...LOL...I guess I hate to make kits and load the disks...its much faster work for me on the 1000.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Mad look, to me and, I had the original 2000 at least for about a 2 years and then I had the 3000 for about 2......I dunno man but I cant really see any off the top differences in what i get from the 1000 as far as groove or the end product though but you know the machines like the sp and the 3000 a lot has to do with how you equ just like any other box for the sound.....but hey man I like to edit a lot of drums and sample but I sort of got sick of using the floppy and the zip and my LCD started fading so I had to get another mpc....so I was in between spending the money for a new MPC and this cat bought and MV8000 and sold me the 1000 for dirt cheap.....so thats how I am using that new Skool gear LOL...but I love it...(plus I know some secrets about it you will not find anywhere on the net LOL) oh what makes me work faster is the ability to sample into protools from vinyl and edit on the computer and chop precisely then save a kit directly to my mpc via usb....now I have the mpc editor and that made the work easier on the 3000 though thats a good tool to have if you like to edit on the computer.....

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
ok cool ... I'm in the process of upgrading to a new mpc ... not sure which model though. My 3000 is starting to fuck up I've had it so long. The screen went out once before and I had it replaced and now the pads / buttons are fuckin' up to. When I tap pad1 it will also play pad2 and pad5 .... sometimes even pad6. I could just take it in and have the pads fixed but is it even worth it?

any suggestions?

oh, and I think the only way you can sync on a MPC 1000 and the new soon to be released MPC 2500 is by MIDI CLOCK .... THAT SUCKS!!!!!! I need to use MTC (MIDI TIME CODE) I guess my only 2 options are the 2000xl or the 4000 .... I'm leaning towards the 4000 because of the 4 MIDI outs

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Well coming from the 3000 the 4000 probably might be a good deal...or maybe the 2500 hunet....but if you got the bucks get the 4000 and wait for the 2500 to get the field tests....ya know..I want to see the feedback for a few months then make the move....

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
bigdmakintrax said:
but if you got the bucks get the 4000 and wait for the 2500 to get the field tests....ya know..I want to see the feedback for a few months then make the move....

wise man. but ya got to admit that 2500 looks rather tempting. Peace.

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
MadScientist said:
ok cool ... I'm in the process of upgrading to a new mpc ... not sure which model though. My 3000 is starting to fuck up I've had it so long. The screen went out once before and I had it replaced and now the pads / buttons are fuckin' up to. When I tap pad1 it will also play pad2 and pad5 .... sometimes even pad6. I could just take it in and have the pads fixed but is it even worth it?

any suggestions?

oh, and I think the only way you can sync on a MPC 1000 and the new soon to be released MPC 2500 is by MIDI CLOCK .... THAT SUCKS!!!!!! I need to use MTC (MIDI TIME CODE) I guess my only 2 options are the 2000xl or the 4000 .... I'm leaning towards the 4000 because of the 4 MIDI outs

Man just go to the 4k thats ur best bet

class..

PrOLifiK

Wax Fondling Since 420
ill o.g.
yeah I dont care wich one I get, I just need one i dont care witch one my broke gets. So when you guys get ready to sell yours let me know so I can get tehe player price hahah

The-Shadow

Ego Sum Vox Manus Deus
ill o.g.
It's too bad they didn't include a hard disk in there. A standard 3.5" HDD might not fit in there but I'm sure now by looking at the video and seeing the size now that a 2.5" notebook HDD would surely be able to fit in there somewhere. And those drives are now available in 80 GB sizes now, maybe even larger. At least 2500 buyers would be getting hard disk storage.

The-Shadow

Ego Sum Vox Manus Deus
ill o.g.
My bad...the unit will have that ability. A user installable internal 2.5" hard disk will available as an option on the 2500. That's a good feature.

members online