Mpc 5000 midi sync volume issue/ Killing my workflow!!

ALLEYCAT

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
What's good people. Here's my issue, i have an MPC 5000 connected via midi to an Alesis fusion and Motif Es rack. I am using my MPC as my master sequencer but for some reason when I press play/start and record on the MPC the volume of the sounds from the fusion automatically jumps to the max. I've tried very setting possible in the mpc and the fusion and still can't figure it out. This is really killing my workflow. I can sequence fine with the MPC but it's pain to have to keep adjusting the volume on sounds. Now here is the killer. 1.It doesnt do it with the motif rack. 2. It also does it when I use Reason 3.0 as a sound module(any rack). And 3. It doesnt do it if I press play and record on the Mpc.
Does anybody have any clues on what I'm missing here. Probably is something very simple. Any help you guys can give will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33

ALLEYCAT

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Good lookin Shonsteez with the link, but the connections and settings in the MPC were already like in the diagrams. I checked the Motif settings to see why it wasn't having the same problem and saw that under the Multi RcvSW edit mode the volume is set to off on all tracks. If I turn it on then I have the same issue the Fusion and Reason have. Problem is I can't seem to find any settings related to those in the Motif in the Fusion or Reason.

ALLEYCAT

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I'm using the Alesis for its internal sounds and as a controller for the Motif. The MPC is my master sequencer.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
I dunno then dog, maybe just try dumpin the Alesis as a sound module and set the MIDI params to only send midi not sound and just use the Motif rack as your module.

Not quite sure why it wouldnt work if you got all your cables and sync settings right?

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
i had a simlar problem with my mpc2xl motif rack, and m-audio midi controller.

Check the midi volume level on your alesis it may be next to the pitch wheel if you have one. Basically i think your alesis is sending a midi voulme signal threw your mpc two the rack casusing all the voices to spike...

Dig in the alesis and see how midi voulme levels are sent, it could be as easy as turning down the midi volume/velocity nob(which may be seprate from the audio) or some setting on ur alesis..

class...

members online